Free Instrument List

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been updating my list of freebie instruments.
http://bigcatlists.blogspot.com/

Please let me know of any more so I can add them to the list.

Mods please note that I also posted this in my normal hangout on the Samples forum, but figured some folks here might also like free instrument too. Please forgive the presumption. :scared:

Very Handy! TA!!!
"I never did care for music much. It's the high fidelity!" — Flanders & Swann

organized trio is the best organ for free and the VB3 is the best for payware and both are by the same company GSI which you list the ep vst they have under free electric pianos so you at least are familiar with the company.

a few glaring omissions are
OBXD,
mausynth,
Prodigious and poly2106 by synthscience. The synthscience vsti are hosted somewhere and no longer have their own site and I sincerely consider the prodigious top 5 among free lead synths
correct me if I am wrong but minimogue luxus
and voyager might have also been left off and they are likewise tops as well with OBXD and Prodigious.
You might even enjoy listing Gunnar's other synths since they do not really sound too bad in demo mode. His messiah and memory moon are especially fun to play in demo mode.
SQ8L is a classic I fail to recall seeing on there among those I would use for pads and plucks/ bellish sounds.
Proteus VX by emu is another great one for free with 1000 sounds from orchestral to synth a basic workstation rompler.
VL122 is a nice organ not quite as nice as organized trio but worth having.
AAS has a lot of nice sounds in their player which is free.
DUNE LE is or was available somewhere on Beats website.
Cycle has a nice demo that never timed out but your limited to the sounds it came with in the demo.
Sonata and sonigen modular are also fun to play.
Is Plex on your list?
Enzyme player is neat.
Kong Audio has a bunch of freebies.
Triple cheese by Uhe.

Feel free to ad Vintage Drum Elements to your drum machine list:

https://singlecycleaudio.bandcamp.com/a ... vst-plugin

Very cool and useful list by the way. I've discovered some gems I didn't know, so I bookmarked the page.

Regards

Return to “Instruments”