Glowing Candle In Merlin's Window, Midnight

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Glowing Candle In Merlin's Window, Midnight

https://soundcloud.com/vintage-synth-pa ... w-midnight

Like the atmosphere and instrument sounds. Focused onto that J-bass...maybe too much? Seems a bit too present maybe? I`d set it back more, unless you wanted it upfront for effect. :)
EDIT - listened again. Not asking you to change your bass part, but just my thoughts...being a bassist myself I hear the scale notes i`d use as leaving out the fundamental, the 5th and 7th notes in that scale. Haha, don`t mind me. :wink: I`m always looking for ways to improved 'other peoples' work. Sorry.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

annode wrote:..I hear the scale notes i`d use...leaving out the fundamental, the 5th and 7th notes in that scale....
Thanks annode for the feedback.

Just curios, if you would remove the fundamental, the 5th and 7th notes, what kind of music do you do?
:) :)

Your welcome...I always have feedback. :phones: Unless of course I use phones. :roll:
Just curious, if you would remove the fundamental, the 5th and 7th notes, what kind of music do you do?
Could you ask again put another way?

annode wrote:Your welcome...I always have feedback. :phones: Unless of course I use phones. :roll:
Just curious, if you would remove the fundamental, the 5th and 7th notes, what kind of music do you do?
Could you ask again put another way?

You comment made me curios what style music you made if you would remove all those notes ( the fundamental, the 5th and 7th notes ).

I did find one of your tunes, not many notes.
I liked it, very different style, kind of minimalistic.

But for now, I think I will keep the fundamental, the 5th and 7th notes. :)

Thanks again for your sincere feedback and I liked the artwork you used on your Soundcloud page.

I did find one of your tunes, not many notes.
I liked it, very different style, kind of minimalistic.
But for now, I think I will keep the fundamental, the 5th and 7th notes. :)
Thanks again for your sincere feedback and I liked the artwork you used on your Soundcloud page
I thought it might go there...the SC stuff is old minimalist style. My style is more about mixing notes for their harmonic resonances. It doesn`t apply at all to your music and my root/5th/7th comments. Glad you listened though.:) In fact there is a complex group of chordal notes in track #1 @SC. In any case,I have yrs of bass playing skills in rock,jazz,ambient.
That artwork is pretty cool, yes. Not my own work. Each goes well with the track I think.
EDIT - My suggestion about the acoustic position of your J-bass was my actual focus...not the bass notes so much.
Last edited by annode on Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Excellent. Organic and atmospheric with a bit of mystery. Great sound design. Nice mix.

Maybe you should leave out the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 6th notes in the scale. :clown:

Ha, good advice, but i`ll need a time machine to edit it. :lol:
Thanks for the listen and the good words Frantz.

annode wrote:Ha, good advice, but i`ll need a time machine to edit it. :lol:
Oops, my comments were directed at PatchAdamz' track. It is his thread after all.

Frantz wrote:
annode wrote:Ha, good advice, but i`ll need a time machine to edit it. :lol:
Oops, my comments were directed at PatchAdamz' track. It is his thread after all.
Oops, me bad. :o I thought is was Patch`s thread, then I looked at your post and got mixed up. Your description fits my track too. :D

annode wrote:I thought is was Patch`s thread, then I looked at your post and got mixed up.
Maybe start a thread for your track?

Frantz wrote:Excellent. Organic and atmospheric with a bit of mystery. Great sound design. Nice mix.

Maybe you should leave out the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 6th notes in the scale. :clown:

Ha ha, thanks for the positive feedback.

Originally I was going to leave out the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th notes but 4'33" has already been written:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTEFKFiXSx4

PatchAdamz wrote:
Frantz wrote:Excellent. Organic and atmospheric with a bit of mystery. Great sound design. Nice mix.

Ha ha, thanks for the positive feedback.

Originally I was going to leave out the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th notes but 4'33" has already been written:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTEFKFiXSx4
Considering that I wasn`t even suggesting you change your music by saying;
EDIT - listened again. Not asking you to change your bass part, but just my thoughts...being a bassist myself I hear the scale notes i`d use as leaving out the fundamental, the 5th and 7th notes in that scale. Haha, don`t mind me. :wink: I`m always looking for ways to improved 'other peoples' work. Sorry.
I`m rather miffed your making light of it. There are musical reasons an instrument would leave out certain notes in a scale, especially bass, in order to avoid stepping on another instruments scale, or when some notes work antagonistically towards those notes which are more primary in the music.
Maybe you both think it`s funny, up to a point maybe, but now it strikes me as just musical ignorance. You like to look stupid, be my guest.

annode wrote:...... musical ignorance. You like to look stupid, be my guest.
Mmm, for many of us, making music (or doing our best to do so) is one of the seriously great joys of life.

Most of us were so inspired by the musicians whose music we love, we had to try our hand at it.

Using words like "Stupid" or "Ignorant" or telling folks what notes they should play is not really supportive.

I do appreciate all feedback, but some of that language is not helpful.

None the less, I do take all feedback seriously and always work hard to improve my music.

I enjoyed it. It has a mysterious quality with the flute-like sounds, and the bassline wandering around. The whole track reminded me of something that David Sylvian might have done in the '80s. Nice work with the reverb and the change at 2:06 worked very well indeed.

Good work :)

Return to “Music Cafe”