subwoofers

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I actually really hadn't had any in an extremely long time... I had tried jury rigging something up with an old Crate Custom Design cone to make one before... but it blew a wire off of the circuit board in the other part of the speaker components so I kind of gave up after that for a while.

Fast forward to today and I got this $25 dollar sub at Walmart. Came with two extra speakers so along with my older 2 speakers which were already kinda powerful it all sounds pretty damn nice (at least relative to before). The kicks on the old school Goa I'm listening to now have a certain quality and character on the end of them that I hadn't ever heard before on the tracks. Just goes to show what getting a better sound system can do.

So I keep wondering for when I can eventually upgrade what I should look for in a good subwoofer.

http://www.cnet.com/au/how-to/how-to-pi ... subwoofer/
bear in mind that this article concerns a unit for domestic use, not for a pro-studio.
cheers.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

There can never be too many subwoofers in one room :lol:
Different sizes, both speaker cone and box, have different sounds. Boxes smaller than intended for the speaker usually distort more, they are somehow more transient also. Bigger boxes tend to sound more neutral on the lower frequency side, but can get messy sounding near the top of the speakers range.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”