Will TSAR1 give me something different to compliment Lexicon PCM?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm going to buy Lexicon PCM Reverb bundle for sure. I was going to buy Softube TSAR-1 before I decided on the Lexicon bundle, but am wondering if TSAR1 will give me something different. I heard it has kind of a grainy character, which actually sounds cool to me. Any opinions?

stikygum wrote:I'm going to buy Lexicon PCM Reverb bundle for sure. I was going to buy Softube TSAR-1 before I decided on the Lexicon bundle, but am wondering if TSAR1 will give me something different. I heard it has kind of a grainy character, which actually sounds cool to me. Any opinions?
Any non lexicon reverb gives you something different to your PCM bundle. The question for you is what you need. The main advantage of TSAR over PCM is extremly fast workflow. PCM means 7 plugins with hundred of parameters. If you are beginner I am sure you have no idea what algorithm use for particular situation. TSAR-1 is one algorithm with simple control.
The sound of both is top notch. I would go for Valhalla Vintage Verb or EA R2. If you have really powerfull CPU, try new Waves H-Reverb

Yeah, I've been thinking about EA R2, but would like a reverb that's not iLok. If only the iLok 2 usb key were smaller I wouldn't mind.

I do think TSAR-1 has a great interface and fast workflow, like you say. The main reason for my post was because I heard TSAR-1 had somewhat of a grainy sound compared to others. Seems like TSAR-1 could be considered having a vintage grainy sound to it. Whereas many other reverbs seem to aim for more lush sound. I will most likely end up trying all of these through demos.

Return to “Effects”