Eqlizing

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello i have a good track but my BIG problem is the EQ. I dont know how to eq to get good sound. So I'm doing it blindly. After lets say .. one month of war witch freqency's i have hmm.. lets say it sounds cool. Is it a normal way? or is there something like template for eq the sound to get it Great in the easy way?? And i have another track and there is just eq from sylenth and it works very well i tried to do the same (i mean just eq from sylenth) for this track but it dont really fit .

Don't equalize anything only because the others do it :)
The most important questions are: What do you want to achieve when eqing? What can you do with eq?
You can form the sound (also you can do the same with the filters of your synth) to remove unwanted frequencies. Or boost something.
You can separate the sounds vertically (low, mid, high).
May be this will be helpfull:
http://www.dnbscene.com/article/88-thin ... tutorial/1
And this:
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/dec14/a ... -noise.htm

Use graphic equalizer. Otherwise you're wasting your time.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Yes! this is true i always correct my tracks in winamp eq and it works very well. What vst you recommending? "Waves G- Eq " 30 bands is not too much?

I always refer to this plugin as the most ridiculous marketing hoax on Earth. The fact that Spline curves look nicely on your screen doesn't translate to sound quality, quite the opposite. It must be suboptimal either in terms of audio or perfromance, or both.

Also, as far as I remeber DSP couse, this simply can't be linear-phase since linear-phase filters are closed and well-defined set.

Luckily Ableton has great EQ8 plugin in stock.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Return to “Sound Design”