AGT2 tuner

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anybody know how the tuner works? For example, when I tune the low E string to D, the pitch still sounds like E. I want to play in different tunings.

You can simply play D. The tuners do not transpose incoming notes. They just determine the root note of each string.

Then how do i play in different tunings in realtime if I can't hear the changed tunung?

When you change the low E string to D, are you playing the D below E on the keyboard? (you also need to play that low D in any MIDI file you may be using with the guitar VSTi).
When the guitar is tuned to normal tuning, the low D and D# notes do not sound on the keyboard. When you change the tuning to Drop D (low E string to D), those notes become available on the keyboard and in your MIDI file.

Actually, I playing a strat with a Triple Play midi pickup. The AGT2 allows me to play a Taylor guitar without miking. I own a Taylor 814ce and am very impressed with the sampling quality of the AGT2. All I want to know is when I change the the tuning on the GUI of the AGT2, how can I hear the tuning in real time to use when recording?

If you want to play in different tunes in real time you can use automation or midi cc to control tuners. If you want to change pitch immediately you need to use the pitch bender.
Last edited by Jie Chen[Ample Sound] on Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Have you tried tuning your strat to the same tuning of the virtual AGT2?

Return to “Ample Sound”