Can't get any sound out or bring up help

Official support for: sonigen.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,

I just downloaded Sonigen and I'm trying to play it with my Korg Microkey. I can't get a single sound out of it, no matter whether I have the power button on or off (I don't even know which one is which), and I have no idea why. I know it's not the keyboard, it works fine with my other software.
I tried to bring up the help menu, and nothing of note happened. My cursor did the little blue circle thing (I have Windows 7) for about a second, and then it acted as though I hadn't clicked anything.
Does anyone know what's going on here?
Thank you very much.

(EDIT: I forgot to mention I did put the microkey in as my MIDI input in the preferences menu. No effect. There are no options listed in the "audio output" menu, dunno if that might have anything to do with it.)

I imagine you're using the standalone version,you have installed an asio driver ? if you do not set the audio output can not hear anything :wink:
if you need the drivers look here http://www.asio4all.com/

Alright, yes, that worked. Thank you.
The fact still remains, though, that I can't bring up the help menu. I can't figure out how to repatch cables or do other basic things like that.

ok, the help menu does not work I think it's a link to the pdf manual try to take a look in the sonigen folder c / program files / sonigen.
for connecting or disconnecting the cables use the right mouse button , if you are new to modular synthesis I recommend you to read the manual.

The user manual is in the start menu, IIRC the built in help menu is broken in the current version.

To connect patch cables click the right mouse button on a module and use the first menu to select that modules input, and the sub menu to select the source signal.

Regards,

Chris
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

HI Chris I take this opportunity to thank you for this fantastic synth :)
we can expect a few surprises in the future?

Probably not for a few months at least.

Chris
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

thanks for the reply , I'll wait willingly because I love this synth.

Return to “Sonigen”