I enter into....

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here is my first submission on into the music cafe to see how this works. Please enjoy this track and if you want to comment feel free to do so.

Regards
Tb4c

https://soundcloud.com/tb4c/i-enter-in
The notes you don't play creates the silent gaps for you to hear the notes you do play :phones:

tell me if i'm wrong, but this sounded like it was created using sample library sounds. the reason i say this is because the sounds
have a highly compressed character to them. and theres something strange about the panning of things in the mix.
still a nice mellow jam. welcome to the forum :)
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Hi Layzer

Thank you for the kind words and cool welcome....

I used what i had at hand which was all vsti and are as follows

Korg M1
Korg Wavestation
Cakewalk Dimension Pro
Sampletank 2
and Kontakt 5

it was a very experimental track and i fear i might have over compressed it myself (ooops sorry) in the mastering process...

Thanks for the Listen though and your input!! Much appreciated!!

Regards

TB4C
The notes you don't play creates the silent gaps for you to hear the notes you do play :phones:

Nice job! Reminds of Vangelis in the 90s.

I think you have the piano and choir layered for your left hand chords so they always move in lockstep. I think it would be more interesting if they occasionally did different things.

Hi Frantz

Thank you for the compliment... indeed Vangelis is one of my biggest inspirations.

as for the choirs it is a little tricky... i wanted it to be more tight so that it would not be messy and smear... What i actually did with the vocals was that i did a soloist soprano lead and manually played the backing vocal harmonies in.. BUT.. I Felt that they were bit thin and tried to reinforce them with choirs from kontakt.. i must have smeard it as i hear that they dissapperd in the mix... the pad that was tight layerd with the M1 piano also contributed to the smearing of the voices.. i must definetely watch out for that... Thank you for your input and i will fix it in my mix when i revisit it later on

Regards

TB4C

I really liked your tune, a journey's beginning and end of sorts. Great combination of vocal sounds and the strings were a nice touch, gave dimension. Nice landing. I'd like to hear more of your tunes.
BC

Hi Battle Cat,

Firstly i would like to welcome you to KVR and hope that your experiance here will be informative and cool. Secondly i would like to thank you for your kind words and am glad you enjoyed the tune.. it is heartwarming for me to see it when people enjoy the music that we do. In time i will load more of my work up on Soundcloud when it is ready.

Kind Regards
TB4C

Enjoyed this TB4C. I like the vocals with the piano... Nice harmonic flow to it too. Soars beautifully! Well done! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Hi Allomerus,

Thank You very much for the listen and the kind words. Glad you Enjoyed it!! :phones:

Regards

TB4C

Return to “Music Cafe”