Night Train (DELETED)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

(DELETED)
Last edited by Googly Smythe on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Some good ideas in this, but they just don`t add up for me.
(Funny how trains are always night trains)
Not always;
- Max Corbacho - Night Caravan :hihi:
Speaking of trains...extra credit;
- Rev.AW Nix - Black Diamond Express To Hell Part 1
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

annode wrote:Some good ideas in this, but they just don`t add up for me.
I know, but I didn't want to dump it...

Ayorinde wrote:
annode wrote:Some good ideas in this, but they just don`t add up for me.
I know, but I didn't want to dump it...
I have folders filled with those. :neutral:
Always a good idea to throw it against the Cafe wall to see if it sticks. :wink:
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Don't give up on this. I like the main themes, but not sure about the start... I would just start it from the part where the beat starts. The section from 3:00 is cool! The lead is very tasty! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

I think the composition is fine. I think the weak point is the sounds - they are kind of bland and generic. I would like to hear this with mostly analog-style synths.

Frantz wrote:I think the composition is fine. I think the weak point is the sounds - they are kind of bland and generic. I would like to hear this with mostly analog-style synths.
I usually go overboard with analog so I went for "cooler" sounds (temperature-wise) this time, turning down cut-off freqs and the like. Hey ho! :dog: :)
Allomerus wrote:Don't give up on this. I like the main themes, but not sure about the start... I would just start it from the part where the beat starts. The section from 3:00 is cool! The lead is very tasty! :)
I'll do a version 3 - scrap the intros/outros, use Mono/poly and OP-X for all the sounds and beef up the beats... maybe! :)

Everyone - thanks for listening and taking the time to comment, appreciated. :D

You've got some really good ideas going here, but they seem a bit disjointed. You could almost turn this jam into 2 or 3 different songs. The mixing seems pretty solid, BTW.

DJMaytag wrote:You've got some really good ideas going here, but they seem a bit disjointed. You could almost turn this jam into 2 or 3 different songs...
That's the late 60's prog-rock-arrangements influence coming through!
DJMaytag wrote:...The mixing seems pretty solid, BTW.
Gawd, that's the hardest part, isn't it? I think I spend more mixing than creating. :dog:

DJMaytag wrote:The mixing seems pretty solid, BTW.
no. it needs more attention on giving the sounds their own space with muting parts out, panning and reverb.
as it is now, at times it sounds too dense with a bunch of sounds piled on each other.
after the 3:00 the high comp/limiting seems to muddy things up.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:
DJMaytag wrote:The mixing seems pretty solid, BTW.
no. it needs more attention on giving the sounds their own space with muting parts out, panning and reverb.
as it is now, at times it sounds too dense with a bunch of sounds piled on each other.
after the 3:00 the high comp/limiting seems to muddy things up.
Ayorinde wrote:Gawd, that's the hardest part, isn't it? I think I spend more mixing than creating.
See what I mean! :wink: :)

Did you ever listen to Ozric Tentacles '90s stuff? Their synth player (Seaweed) used to sound a lot like this.

Good work :)

My main influences are mostly from the 60's (or bands that started then) - Pink Floyd, Moody Blues, King Crimson, ELP, Tangerine Dream, Hawkwind, Yes, etc.

Glad you like this one!

Return to “Music Cafe”