Berlin seqr/psychedelic - -> -> ->NEW VERSION -> ->

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

New version 07/30/15 from an experimental track from earlier this yr.
Pls let me know what you think about this version. :love:
I`m more interested in how it can be made better. I want to hear your suggestions.
https://soundcloud.com/annode-1/annode- ... c-pickle-1
Last edited by annode on Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Very nice, enjoyed that a lot! :tu:

Thoroughly enjoyed that. Nice one, Centurion!

@ kryptonaut - Thanks for coming by and checking it out.

@ Phase47 - Thanks to you also Don, it`s an honor. :hail:

Very nice job. It is reminiscent of Klaus Schulze's slowly developing pieces.

Two notes on the mix. It seems to be missing deep bass as if the whole mix was high passed.

The synth that comes in at 2:43 is kind of scatchy. It may be intentional but I find it unpleasant. Maybe it's clipping?

Frantz wrote:Very nice job. It is reminiscent of Klaus Schulze's slowly developing pieces.

Two notes on the mix. It seems to be missing deep bass as if the whole mix was high passed.

The synth that comes in at 2:43 is kind of scatchy. It may be intentional but I find it unpleasant. Maybe it's clipping?
Thanks Frantz. Yes, I did manage a bit of a build in the 1st section, but then too quickly jump into full throttle. Drums and 2 seqr plugs were bounced to an audio track from a chainer host, so no changing that now. :shrug:

I hear you and agree concerning the bass and the scratchy digital noise generated from the FM7 lead.
- I did, as you guessed it, HP the seqr/drm trk. That I will keep, but will add another seqr trk carrying a bass part. :)
- That noise you mentioned does nothing for it and is really annoying. It`s the 'digital' parameter setting within FM7...i`ll kill it. While i`m in the project, I just hate most of my original organ/lead performances. I did a bit of cut and paste to get by for this post, but I can hear now, they just aren`t cutting it.
- I`ll make a note of the new version in the Cafe forum title list when it`s up. If you could check it out and let me know if it`s better, i`d appreciate it Frantz. :hyper:
- Thanks for your feedback Frantz.

I'm definitely getting the Schulze vibes from this. I can hear what you're saying about that FM8 patch having a scratchy sound, but I don't think the general character of the sound is actually too far away from sounding "right" for this piece. I think some judicious tweaking should fix this.

Good work :)

Wow, what a really enjoyable piece of music! Thanks for sharing your work. Good luck with the album.

@ seismic1
Yeah, Shultze/Miami Vice blend. :lol:
I`m a little embarrassed that I haven`t yet fixed it like I said I was going to do. :oops: Now that it`s come back to page 1, I have to do it now. :cry:
Yes, I did edit FM7 after the scratchiness was 1st mentioned. The character of the patch stayed the same. I need to edit some midi and record a new, better performance, not to mention a new synth-bass track.
Thanks for your feedback seismic :D

@ UncleAge
Hey UncleAge. Real happy to hear you liked it despite it`s noted faults. :D
Album?...sorta a pretend virtual album I guess. It does work, as each track seems to flow in a succession well. In that respect I am somewhat proud of it.
Thanks very much UncleAge! :hug:

Want to report a new version up at page top.
I fixed things, added some things. Still need to make bass track.

Pls let me know what you think about this version. :love:
I`m more interested in how it can be made better. I want to hear your suggestions.

Beautiful flow to it. Love the lead synths that dives up and down. Takes you along on a lovely floating trip to inner peace.
Well done! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

It sounds excellent now! Big improvement. :tu:

Allomerus wrote:Beautiful flow to it. Love the lead synths that dives up and down. Takes you along on a lovely floating trip to inner peace.
Well done! :)
Happy to hear how much you liked it Allomerus.
Good `ol FM7 , never let me down.(lead)
Inner peace...yes, let`s get on the peace train. :wink:

Love getting positive feedback, but let`s not forget the negative but constructive side of critique. This forum is a great place for learning how one can improve themselves. Since I create alone, like most of us, it`s paramount to get real criticism. I take it seriously. Others will hear things we haven`t, mostly because we have become saturated with it by the time it`s posted. We lose that distance from it that the listeners here have.

Frantz wrote:It sounds excellent now! Big improvement. :tu:
Thanks for coming back in Frantz. Cool, the little fixes worked out.
Still work to do on it, but i`m pretty pleased it`s turned out as well as it has.

Thanks Frantz.

That new lead synth sounds smoother/better/more appropriate. Looking forward to hearing the new bass. I imagine that will work best as an intermittent supplement to the rest of the piece.

Good work :)

P.S - I've just been listening to the Tangerine Dream Reims concert in '74. It's finally getting an official release. It's worth checking out on YT.

Return to “Music Cafe”