Kantata (sic) #1 - (DELETED)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

(DELETED)
Last edited by Googly Smythe on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Link is broken

Yeah, apologies.
This track wasn't showing on my profile ( :dog: ) so I re-uploaded it and made the other one private. You must have clicked the link in the middle of all this.
I just tested it - it's working now. Again, apologies.

And thanks for trying! :)

Hah, what are the odds.

I liked this. The pedal points in the beginning were a cool, dramatic touch. There was some unintentional-sounding dissonance around :53. The drums were cool, but the first hit made me jump; perhaps a bit of lead-up or build-up (cymbals?) would soften the blow. Overall, a really big, dynamic composition.

nineofkings wrote:Hah, what are the odds.

I liked this. The pedal points in the beginning were a cool, dramatic touch. There was some unintentional-sounding dissonance around :53. The drums were cool, but the first hit made me jump; perhaps a bit of lead-up or build-up (cymbals?) would soften the blow. Overall, a really big, dynamic composition.
It is in a very rough state - there are no real transitions, as you heard. Maybe I should post a warning!
All the choral interplay is a bit ambitious for me, so wasn't sure it was going to work. But I seem to be on the right track :D (no pun intended!)

Very cool Choral work! Sound great to me. Lots of lovely chords and melodies! What do you think about more acoustic sounding drums rather than that ones you used (a bit flabby). I think they would be awesome if they pounded strongly.
Lots of potential here... Already good!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Allomerus wrote:...What do you think about more acoustic sounding drums rather than that ones you used (a bit flabby). I think they would be awesome if they pounded strongly.
Glad you're liking it so far, it's really hard work!
I've been experimenting with Apocalypse Percussion Elements from Soundiron - I may go back to my usual Jamstix. Also, I discovered that GrooveAgent 4 (my other staple drum kit) has a set of timpani samples - I really want some pounding timpani now! :D

Great work so far! I agree with what nineofkings said about the drum arriving a bit too suddenly, but you already know that. :) My suggestion for your melody around the 3:00 mark would be to consider bringing in a string section - my sense is that it would mix really well with the great choral stuff you've already laid down.

davidstiles wrote:...My suggestion for your melody around the 3:00 mark would be to consider bringing in a string section - my sense is that it would mix really well with the great choral stuff you've already laid down.
Another good suggestion. I'll see what I can do!

Ayorinde wrote:
Allomerus wrote:...What do you think about more acoustic sounding drums rather than that ones you used (a bit flabby). I think they would be awesome if they pounded strongly.
Glad you're liking it so far, it's really hard work!
I've been experimenting with Apocalypse Percussion Elements from Soundiron - I may go back to my usual Jamstix. Also, I discovered that GrooveAgent 4 (my other staple drum kit) has a set of timpani samples - I really want some pounding timpani now! :D
Can't have too much cowbell, I mean Tympani! ;)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

:D

Well played.

No, thank you!

Kind of a bump.

I bit off a bit more than I could chew with this piece :oops: but I've finished recording and am now mixing.

Finished version by the weekend (fingers crossed).

Thanx fa list'nin'. :tu:

Nice voice and choir. Good one. :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”