tutorial video for Sonic Charges Free Sampler Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Would you be interested in a in-depth video tutorial on Sonic Charges Cyclone? I decided to a few videos on it to help people out with it.

Cyclone Crash Course
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhDdDyHC-Ro

I made a quick intro video here you can watch if you are not sure what Cyclone is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1wM_rRII_o
Last edited by V0RT3X on Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
:borg:

Hello!
I put your Cyclone video in my favorites folder to se later today but now it seems to be gone, did you take it down?

Sorry I made that really hastily, and felt it wasn't of good enough quality to keep up. I think Cyclone deserves a much better video presentation than that so I am working on a much better production. It is quite the undertaking though and I am finding I will need a bit of time getting all the information right and putting the production together. My plan for this is to create a introduction video and a quick start video and release them at the same time on my youtube page. The quick start video will be about 30 minutes long and attempt to cover what my old video had but with much much more accurate information and more coherent speech :hihi:. Once these two projects are done I may do a in-depth series on the entire OS, but we'll see based on how well this does.

Thanks for viewing it though! I appreciate that!

Ok just uploaded a new video at the top to replace the older one that i had posted. This one is kind of a quick start to give you the essentials.

Nice! Thanks for making the Cyclone crash course video. There's more to this little beast than I had thought.
Now to resurrect it from the depths of my hard drive..

haven't watched the whole thing yet, but this is great. thanks for doing this!

it'd probably help if i read the manual, but even just loading Voices into Performances is something i probably wouldn't have figured out by poking around in the dark.

EDIT: just got through the rest. lol, killing me with the piano roll note entry. :) do you usually work/write like that?

jbuonacc wrote:haven't watched the whole thing yet, but this is great. thanks for doing this!

it'd probably help if i read the manual, but even just loading Voices into Performances is something i probably wouldn't have figured out by poking around in the dark.

EDIT: just got through the rest. lol, killing me with the piano roll note entry. :) do you usually work/write like that?
Hey no problem,

Not really, normally i'll play stuff into a 8 bar loop.

Sometimes i'll do that if i dont have access to a keyboard :lol: , but normally i like to record stuff into a empty loop with my keyboard and create loops this way.

I might have to re-do this video at some point and use stuff i've already composed to drag in and assign to the different parts vs trying to come up with something on the spot.

As for the manual, it's about 70 pages long and it's kind of technical which is kind of why i made this video for people who prefer learning this way. I'll be doing a quick tutorial video on how to create your own instruments with sampling soon!

V0RT3X wrote:... I might have to re-do this video at some point and use stuff i've already composed to drag in and assign to the different parts vs trying to come up with something on the spot.
that might be a good idea, there was a lot of time 'wasted' (i guess?) in this one with all the clicking around and deleting in the piano roll. with a number of tracks prepped on different midi channels this would have been a lot smoother and informative (it didn't end up covering as much as i thought it would have at the start). not complaining, sorry if it sounds like that. really great start, looking forward to more!

any experience with making your own 'disks' with the Floppy Baker? haven't played around with it much, but didn't have any luck with wav files when i tried.

watching the vid, i love the look and workflow of Bitwig. getting a bit frustrated with certain things in Live, might look into switching over if it can do everything that i do in Ableton. was very happy to see that it supports the APC-40mkII.

jbuonacc wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:... I might have to re-do this video at some point and use stuff i've already composed to drag in and assign to the different parts vs trying to come up with something on the spot.
that might be a good idea, there was a lot of time 'wasted' (i guess?) in this one with all the clicking around and deleting in the piano roll. with a number of tracks prepped on different midi channels this would have been a lot smoother and informative (it didn't end up covering as much as i thought it would have at the start). not complaining, sorry if it sounds like that. really great start, looking forward to more!
I actually agree, and might have to do another version once i get a better video editor. I also think for voice overs I need invest in a better microphone and a small vocal isolator for my mic.

jbuonacc wrote: any experience with making your own 'disks' with the Floppy Baker? haven't played around with it much, but didn't have any luck with wav files when i tried.
Since I'm on mac i have not been able to yet, but I will install WINE and see if i can't get it working.
jbuonacc wrote: watching the vid, i love the look and workflow of Bitwig. getting a bit frustrated with certain things in Live, might look into switching over if it can do everything that i do in Ableton. was very happy to see that it supports the APC-40mkII.
It also has scripts for Push too ;)

Workflow wise, I have used Ableton since version 6, and I'm far from a power user but it was my main DAW until i switched to bitwig from version 9.

I really enjoy making my tracks in loop mode and treating the entire thing as a multi-track step sequencer loop system, and then once i'm happy with my work it i'll record the scenes into a song draft and edit it further in arrange mode.

I'm not really a "player" but more of a programmer which is why i like this type of workflow. Anyhow once i started using bitwig more seriously i found that for some things the workflow was improved in many ways over what live had to offer. So once i made the switch seriously i felt very little need to go back to ableton. I think the biggest part was to just sell live and not have it to go back to, this way it forced me to learn bitwig.

Bitwig has some big shoes to fill, but even as it is right now it is more than useable for my needs so I am pretty happy. :tu:

Hello!

Unfortunlly, link doesn't working.

Could somebody re-up this tutorial video please? Or Could somemody explain me how I can sampling through Cyclone? How do you routing audio to the Cyclone in your DAW?

Thanks for attention!

Return to “Instruments”