BUGWIG

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I love this program but the more I use it the more I realize how seriously buggy this software is.

It seems like everything I set out to do is met with a weird, hopefully not overlooked bug. The most recent?

Try dragging over a bunch of samples into a Drum Rack and for some strange reason "Keyboard Tracking" is turned on and all your samples will be pitched way down because C3 is the root. I would have to click this off on every single pad in order to make the rack usesable. If Bugwig was a physical object I would throw it against the wall. And no, this isn't because they innovated with 16 levels per pad, it's a flat out bug because they're not Beta'ing this thing with enough power users.

Bitwig, I really don't care about being in the Beta program but if you guys don't have people on it who heavily use and know all your features this will continue to happen and it's unacceptable. These are basic level 1 things.

It seems like every time I try to zone in with this program all I keep finding is bug after bug stopping the workflow and getting in the way of creativity.

WHO IS TESTING THIS STUFF?
Drum Rack Bug 2.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kickinthedoors on Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yes this does prevent us from making Favourite Sound Banks at the moment.
( Edit: Also along this line in the drumpad, you really need the option to be able to change all select pads envelopes etc. as a whole )

And i agree it must be dealt with.

But you feel this way for one reason because everything else is so streamlined and well thought out in Bitwig, so any showstoppers really feel more like showstoppers.

But i understand what you are saying and i totally agree that this is one of those things, that when moving from another daw you are like, what the hell is going on here....

But in many ways, bitwig is more on top of it than other DAWS.

Anyways, it would be cool to make our own soundbanks.... lol

But in general, Bitwig has less real showstoppers than other software, which is why the ones we have right now are so much more accentuated when you start to flow with Bitwig.... so yes they hit you most in bitwig bc otherwise it flows so well
Last edited by SoundLight on Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maybe it's just the way you work.. I don't really know. Personally I've been more productive using bitwig than I ever have in any other DAW.
This despite the occasional bug.. Nothing has been really all that much of a hindrance and I'm generally a pretty adaptive person.

If you don't like the software then you're free to use another. Posts like this come across as whiny rather than helpful.

maitake wrote:Maybe it's just the way you work.. I don't really know. Personally I've been more productive using bitwig than I ever have in any other DAW.
This despite the occasional bug.. Nothing has been really all that much of a hindrance and I'm generally a pretty adaptive person.

If you don't like the software then you're free to use another. Posts like this come across as whiny rather than helpful.
Same here, it does flow really nice with Bitwig, but i do feel what he is saying as well, because of the way it flows once you hit a wall like this it feels even bigger than in any other DAW.

Moving with lightspeed in many areas in Bitwig will really accentuate everything that is not in order

maitake wrote:Maybe it's just the way you work.. I don't really know. Personally I've been more productive using bitwig than I ever have in any other DAW.

The post starts with "I love the program."

I'm talking about a feature that exists but doesn't work as it should - I'm not making a feature request or whining about a wish. I'm not making an opinion, look at the factual GIF illustrating what I'm talking about :dog:

Post like yours show people who don't read or don't verify on their own what the OP is talking about. When this is solved, anyone who uses Drums Racks, which is probably a majority of Bitwig users, will benefit.

I wish people like you didn't comment because the truth is if YOU don't use the feature then it has nothing to do with you. Drum Machine is one of Bitwig's most powerful tools, everyone will benefit from it working correctly.

I dragged 32 samples over into drum machine like you did and key tracking was all off by default.

You edited your post and included this "If Bugwig was a physical object I would throw it against the wall." which makes me think you are just trying to incite. #failtroll
has anyone see Maitake ?

Suloo wrote:send in to tech support: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=420129
pirates can't send in to tech support :wink:

which why rage here
has anyone see Maitake ?

PresetNoob wrote:I dragged 32 samples over into drum machine like you did and key tracking was all off by default.

You edited your post and included this "If Bugwig was a physical object I would throw it against the wall." which makes me think you are just trying to incite. #failtroll
I have two computers in front of me, I've restarted, the problem is repeatable, I've posted a GIFm it's documented, moving on. I'm not going to respond to the fact you used a hashtag beyond that.

but that is a response to it
has anyone see Maitake ?

PresetNoob wrote:
Suloo wrote:send in to tech support: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=420129
pirates can't send in to tech support :wink:

which why rage here
Screen Shot 2015-07-24 at 2.15.34 PM.png
And the peanut gallery has arrived... Seriously, the frustration has been expressed, problem documented. Back to music.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

As long as you feeling better... /comfort
has anyone see Maitake ?

I don't think it can be blamed on closed betas. Only a few betas have been closed really. I believe 1.0 was the only version to launch without a period of being open for at least all license holders to test. 1.2 will open soon enough as well. This could be something that has been around since launch that nobody reported before believe it or not, something that was introduced recently that nobody caught at the time, or it could be known but hasn't made it to the top of the priority list. If it's even a bug at all. Bitwig uses metadata to determine whether a sample will be pitched or not so I think the most likely explanation here is that these files have mistaken metadata on them. Or there could be something weird going on with these particular files that's causing Bitwig to get confused reading them which would explain why the issue hasn't been reported or addressed yet.

This is getting ridiculous... For every bug that gets fixed, at least one new bug is created. Just check this forum after every update and watch the threads about new bugs pop up. Totally pointless.

Ogopogo wrote:I don't think it can be blamed on closed betas. Only a few betas have been closed really. I believe 1.0 was the only version to launch without a period of being open for at least all license holders to test. 1.2 will open soon enough as well. This could be something that has been around since launch that nobody reported before believe it or not, something that was introduced recently that nobody caught at the time, or it could be known but hasn't made it to the top of the priority list. If it's even a bug at all. Bitwig uses metadata to determine whether a sample will be pitched or not so I think the most likely explanation here is that these files have mistaken metadata on them. Or there could be something weird going on with these particular files that's causing Bitwig to get confused reading them which would explain why the issue hasn't been reported or addressed yet.
Got it. I've tried two different sample packs and it looks like another user experienced it above as well.

That said, I think it's safe to say that key tracking in a drum rack is pretty much useless in any case though, kinda goes against the whole concept UNLESS they're planning to innovate like Machine did and allow us to play individual pads chromatically via a toggle.

I doubt that's the case so I would definitely categorize this under a Bugwig.

Return to “Bitwig”