Help with organizing Waves plugins (waveshell) within Live 9.2 browser on Mac

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm sure there are multiple posts about this, but I could not find one that specifically addressed my situation. I've made custom plugins folder with vst aliases so that I can streamline my Live workflow so that it is similar to other DAWs like Logic/ Protools. I have all of my plugins organized in categories (Dynamics, EQ, Reverb etc), but I want to put some of the Waves plugins that I own in there as well. Is there a way to create alias files for specific Waves plugins (for example, I'd like to place an alias of RVerb in my folder of reverb plugs).

I'm on Mac OS 10.9.5, and I've seen some people mention PC solutions with a waveshell to vst tool, but I'm not aware if this is the solution on mac, or if there is a way to go into the nested waveshell. I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks.

According to a quote from the Blue Cat Audio forum:
TOM on March 13, 2015 at 6:11 pm said:

How to do that with waves plugins?

Reply ↓

bluecat on March 13, 2015 at 7:36 pm said:

Unfortunately they come all bundled in the same file so you cannot organize them using this method.
Here is the full page:
http://bluecataudio.com/Blog/tip-of-the ... ns-on-mac/

Maybe it will benefit you best to contact Waves direct for a solution
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Yeah, e-mail to Waves support, chances are that they have a solution ready.
Win10 Cubase Pro 9.5

Thanks, one of the pitfalls of legitimate plugin purchases, I'm sure the pirates out there can do this in a second. I'll have to see if I have some WUPs active, if not they won't want to hear from me :)

BlakeHeartsMusic wrote:Thanks, one of the pitfalls of legitimate plugin purchases, I'm sure the pirates out there can do this in a second. I'll have to see if I have some WUPs active, if not they won't want to hear from me :)
Depends on what you ask. Usually they do not refuse to help even with no WUP active.
Win10 Cubase Pro 9.5

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”