FirstFallingLeaves - Floating

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
i'm Christian Saint-Viteux (Wolves and Horses) and with my friend Christer Lunder (Us As Effigies), we start a new band called FirstFallingLeaves.

This is our first single, released today
https://soundcloud.com/firstfallingleaves/floating

I hope you'll like it.

Thanks for listening
Christian

This has a rich, enveloping atmosphere. It's less melodic than your solo work but highly satisfying anyway. Great job with the reverbs again :wink:

Good work :)

this is interplanetary ecstasy. your mix is always spot on. more a soundscape as seismic noted, kind wished a little blippy arp would have faded in and out in some places. but the little ticking noises juuuuust covered it. :D
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Thanks guys

Seismic1, happy to see you back, ready to polish your album, i suppose

Layzer, your comments are always interesting and constructive, really appreciated.

Really enjoyed listening to this...so much so that I bought it!

Late at night in the dark it just transports you faraway...a beautiful, evolving wash of sound.

Could it be improved further? That's always a matter of personal taste, but if there are any extra elements that it needs for me personally, they are:

1) A little more high frequency content; it's very mid and bass oriented for the main part with the first serious bit of high frequency content appearing out of the mix at around 5 mins 17 seconds.

2) More movement as the piece progresses - there are some subtle, slow moving melodies in there and it would have been nice to hear some of them ebbing and flowing at a faster pace via some ethereal timbres / arpeggiators etc.

Loved it...look forward to the next one!

Thanks ChamMusic, for buying and commenting.
I think the next one will satisfy all your points here.
That will be a more cinematic one, curious to know what you will think about it.

Cheers
Christian

Gorgeously atmospheric, spacious and moody. It really does convey the sense of floating. I felt transported and I enjoyed it a lot. Thanks for sharing!

Floating is a great name for this. Very peaceful. I am just sitting back and enjoying this sonic bath...
Well done! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Thank you, it's always great to see we can touch people with our music.
And it means a lot to us to get such nice support for the first song of a new project.

Cheers
Christian

You can`t tell me this is not stretched...well, you can, but I wouldn`t believe it.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Alias9593 wrote:
Seismic1, happy to see you back, ready to polish your album, i suppose
I wish :)

Return to “Music Cafe”