When soloing a track, other tracks still send audio to send tracks

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When I press solo button on the track, it would be actually good that only the soloed track is heard via the Master bus and send tracks. If I would like to send another track to send track, I would solo that one as well.

It is quite annoying to always mute tracks which should be muted by default.

Same here m8.. I'm interested in this issue too!

Its been like this since as long as I can remember... yes, its an extremely annoying bug.
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

yes, annoying bug, i already reported it :)
Mac OSX, Bitwig Studio, Spire, Massive

this bug is old and bitwig... keep reporting it. i am tired of all old bugs never getting fixed that has been adressed long

Should work flawlessly, as long as the output if the tracks is set to master instead of other outputs (this is the current bug).
Is there anyone who has this solo problem while the tracks in the project are routed to the master?

Cheers,
Dom

Any ETA for it being fixed when you have stuff routed via buses etc.? I rarely have any tracks going straight to the master, nearly everything is bussed at some point.

Hez wrote:Any ETA for it being fixed when you have stuff routed via buses etc.? I rarely have any tracks going straight to the master, nearly everything is bussed at some point.
Yes, same here too :)

Hez wrote:Any ETA for it being fixed when you have stuff routed via buses etc.? I rarely have any tracks going straight to the master, nearly everything is bussed at some point.
The same here. This is a basic and cornerstone feature of any DAW. Definitely should be solved on 1.2 and devs should focus rather on fixing this kind of bugs instead of flashy new features. The smooth and original workflow of Bitwig is killed by lack of this issue.

dom@bitwig wrote:Should work flawlessly, as long as the output if the tracks is set to master instead of other outputs (this is the current bug).
Is there anyone who has this solo problem while the tracks in the project are routed to the master?

Cheers,
Dom
Doesn't work at all for me, sends are always forced to the master but it would be nice to have that changed and this solo bug fixed :pray:

Also be very nice to see solo follow your track selection with solo and mute state indicators in the blank space above the tracks in arrangement view :pray:

dom@bitwig wrote:Should work flawlessly, as long as the output if the tracks is set to master instead of other outputs (this is the current bug).

Cheers,
Dom
Dom yes it should work flawlessy. But it doesnt.
If you use effect send to a track, solo the track, the send track is audible. So i dont solo the track only, the send audio also is audible. If this is suppose to be like that, then very wierd.

I has this problem when I use the Wavesfactory TrackSpacer 2.0 (a vst plugin) when using the side-chain.

If I do Solo on the track where is the plugin (typically bass track) it also sound the side-chain track (typically kick track)

yes, this is issues when add 3rd party VST plugins on track ;)

I could be way off, but I thought that this was a feature and not a bug.

Solo track that you want to hear by itself. If you have a send, it will be audible as well. However, that send isn't only playing audio from the source that you are listening to, so it will sound what it is creating. However, if you don't want it to do that and ONLY hear the send that you solo'd, simply mute the output of the tracks that you don't want to hear the send from.

I believe this way gives much more flexibility. I am also dumb and may not know how to hear a track, it's send, and other sends without hearing other tracks.

My head hurts now. :ud:

*its send, not it's... what kind of monster am I?! D:

But, really, is this not a good thing?

Return to “Bitwig”