LinnStrument version 1.2.1 software released

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

Geert the magician has been busy adding more magic to LinnStrument in the form of our new version 1.2.1 software, released yesterday. Check out the new features and download it our site's OS UPDATE page, accessed from the LinnStrument Support page.

Thanks so much to all for liking LinnStrument enough to own one. LinnStrument has a wonderful quality of finding very interesting characters from every corner of the world.

Roger

Thank you for an update! Instrument feels now smoother!

Hi, thanks for the update. How can install the update using a linux machine?
Qw, music from twelve weeks in quarantine is now streaming on spotify and bandcamp. This is a collaboration with the the smallest of worlds VR art project, that documents our living spaces in times of isolation. You can join their project here.

softegg wrote:Hi, thanks for the update. How can install the update using a linux machine?
We don't support Linux in the easy updater that preserves the settings of your LinnStrument, however the binary firmware can be installed with standard Arduino tools or even built from source. You will have to re-do your settings and calibration afterwards though.

The actual firmware update happens through the bossac tool that ships with the Arduino IDE. The command line is like this on MacOSX, I suspect it will be similar on Linux:
bossac -i --port=<linnstrumentDevice> -U false -e -w -v -R -b <firmwareFile>

If you want to compile from source and upload through the Arduino IDE, this page should help you:
http://www.rogerlinndesign.com/linnstru ... -code.html

Hope this helps,

Geert
Moog software - LinnStrument - RackBlox - CableCube - Knobotron - Eigenharp Alpha/Tau/Pico - SendMIDI / ReceiveMIDI - MIDI Tape Recorder - Geco MIDI Leap - Steelstring Guitar - Electric Guitar - Vocals - Dynamod Games - Kung-fu

Thanks, that was the information I needed. Will try later tonight whether I can get this to work.
Qw, music from twelve weeks in quarantine is now streaming on spotify and bandcamp. This is a collaboration with the the smallest of worlds VR art project, that documents our living spaces in times of isolation. You can join their project here.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”