Wrote a Midi part in Logic, wont properly import into bitwig

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I wrote a midi file (three track file) and it imports in bitwig and opens up three polysynths however, some of the midi data (in this case actual midi notes) are missing. These notes appear when I load the file into logic or ableton.

Bug?
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

Bitwig Screenshot of Midi File:
Screen Shot 2015-08-01 at 8.56.56 PM.png
what midi file should actually look like (logic) :
Screen Shot 2015-08-01 at 8.57.46 PM.png
You can see towards the end bars there are notes missing between the two sessions. If you zoom into the logic session you can see i left a sample or two of space between notes I wouldnt think there would be any midi overlap issues.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
• Logic Pro 10.8.1

I imported some MIDI (one track file) from Logic a few months ago and had issues with it too. Bitwig created a track for each MIDI note. I didn't know if i was doing something wrong and didn't look into it further.

WXLF wrote:I imported some MIDI (one track file) from Logic a few months ago and had issues with it too. Bitwig created a track for each MIDI note. I didn't know if i was doing something wrong and didn't look into it further.
hmm i wonder if its a known issue.
• Logic Pro 10.8.1

I had the missing MIDI note issue yesterday.

I exported 3 MIDI parts from Logic X and then imported into Bitwig. Noticed missing notes in one of the MIDI parts after import to Bitwig. Imported the same 3 midi files into Studio One v3 and all notes were there.

Here are the MIDI parts for anyone who wants to test.
http://cl.ly/3h2u0B3g0A2f/download/MIDI ... -notes.zip
Bitwig Certified Trainer

I faced this problem before... there's nothing we can do (I guess). Bitwig sucks at midi for now... :(

hmm..

what is interesting, is im not having any issues importing midi files from ableton. its only the midi files ive done in logic that this happens with. Ive reproduced this on multiple clips though. it could be logic is exporting with data in the file that is confusing bitwig or it could be logic has a bug.. seems everyone who has had the issue though also seem to be running logic pro x.
• Logic Pro 10.8.1

I had no issues importing the midi file into studio one, so it seems less likely this is a logic bug
Bitwig Certified Trainer

I'm having this issue as well (Logic > Bitwig) . Has anyone figured out a workaround?

Doesn't Logic have a song end function? Maybe this is being misread. I suppose a workaround would be to import each track separately.

Also, have you tried dragging the end of the parts out, or setting the end using the inspector. I know on a couple of occasions I've had to do something similar in both Live and Bitwig. The notes were there, the part was just mis-sized.

jonljacobi wrote:Doesn't Logic have a song end function? Maybe this is being misread. I suppose a workaround would be to import each track separately.

Also, have you tried dragging the end of the parts out, or setting the end using the inspector. I know on a couple of occasions I've had to do something similar in both Live and Bitwig. The notes were there, the part was just mis-sized.
Thanks for the reply. I've tried a few things but like the others above, Bitwig is the only one that misses notes. I am importing each track, in fact, each region, separately–there is no DAW format Bitwig can open. Bitwig misses random notes within the phrase, not a start or end of the MIDI region (though it does often not recognize the first note as well). I just dragged the Logic MIDI into Studio One and it's completely intact. Different region sizes and MIDI formats seem to have no effect.

I've been considering moving over to Bitwig from Logic but given all the projects I have to rebuild this is a huge show-stopper.

You should definitely pass this one on to support.

Return to “Bitwig”