Rhino 2.15 update available

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Rhino 2.15 update: http://www.bigtickaudio.com/rhino/downloads
- fix crashes with some patches in 64 bits.
- a few performance enhancements

Mac users, please note that the installation folder for the Rhino files has moved from $HOME/Library/Application Support to /Library/Application Support. Because of that, you will have to copy your keyfile and extra presets from the old folder to the new one.

Thank you
HPZ2 i9 32RAM, Macbook Pro M1, Studio One, FL, Ableton, Sibelius, BIAB

Big Tick wrote:Rhino 2.15 update: http://www.bigtickaudio.com/rhino/downloads
- fix crashes with some patches in 64 bits.
- a few performance enhancements

Mac users, please note that the installation folder for the Rhino files has moved from $HOME/Library/Application Support to /Library/Application Support. Because of that, you will have to copy your keyfile and extra presets from the old folder to the new one.
My installation files were already in Users/username/Library/Application Support/BigTick

OK I see now it's been installed to /Library/Application Support/BigTick from Users/username/Library/Application Support/BigTick

Something is badly wrong here - many sounds are just cutting out while I play them. eg Synth attitude 1 and 2 and Birdland from Classic VL 1, Bell chimes 2 from Himalaya sequences starts OK then keeps dropping out, Aire Strike 1 from Grain field - I could go on.

Hmmm. Those appear to work ok for me, tho don't really remember how they sounded before. I did notice the release on Synth Att. 2 is much quicker than SA 1, but not really cutting out.

aMUSEd wrote:Something is badly wrong here - many sounds are just cutting out while I play them. eg Synth attitude 1 and 2 and Birdland from Classic VL 1, Bell chimes 2 from Himalaya sequences starts OK then keeps dropping out, Aire Strike 1 from Grain field - I could go on.
OK so far this may be a Tracktion problem - in other hosts (tried so far) it is playing normally now. But in Tracktion 6 I get this with the VST and AU.

aMUSEd wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Something is badly wrong here - many sounds are just cutting out while I play them. eg Synth attitude 1 and 2 and Birdland from Classic VL 1, Bell chimes 2 from Himalaya sequences starts OK then keeps dropping out, Aire Strike 1 from Grain field - I could go on.
OK so far this may be a Tracktion problem - in other hosts (tried so far) it is playing normally now. But in Tracktion 6 I get this with the VST and AU.
haha Ok my bad - stupid user error - I forgot that I had put ICE9 in my master chain in my Tracktion template - some of those patches must be running a bit hot.

aMUSEd wrote:OK I see now it's been installed to /Library/Application Support/BigTick from Users/username/Library/Application Support/BigTick
Yes. Apple made it such a pain to install things in the user's Library folder, it saves a lot of problems using the system folder instead.

Thanks for continuing to update Rhino. I love this synth, and want to use it more. Unfortunately I just tried out 2.15, and I get an instant crash (x64) (SONAR and my audio interface (Presonus 1818vsl) hangs and I have to force a restart) in SONAR Platinum (Gloucester build) when I load up "Azul Vol.1 Loops, Collenius Rhythm" -
Maybe this is unique to SONAR, but I have had a number of problematic patches that have caused me to avoid using Rhino as much as I would like to. As SONAR has gotten better, using Rhino has become more practical, however it seems that there is something with certain patches that causes an instant hang - it is repeatable, and consistent here, although I can't (without forcing a crash) confirm which (other) patches cause the problem. Definitely the Azul loops have more than one, however.
Any ideas what I can do to work around the problem? (Short of dumping SONAR) (If I could resave the patch with a less problematic setting before initially playing it it would be worth the trouble to be able to resolve the problem).

In the - Azul Vol.1 Loops - bank I get a crash with the preset called - Rezzz SEQ.

MuLab 64 bit - Win 7 pro

EDIT!!!!

I just checked again and now it works :o

Could have been a temporarily glitch of sorts :shrug:

Sorry for any inconvenience
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Brando wrote: I get an instant crash (x64) (SONAR and my audio interface (Presonus 1818vsl) hangs and I have to force a restart) in SONAR Platinum (Gloucester build) when I load up "Azul Vol.1 Loops, Collenius Rhythm"
this patch is ok here in studio one v3 (x64)

pwal wrote:
Brando wrote: I get an instant crash (x64) (SONAR and my audio interface (Presonus 1818vsl) hangs and I have to force a restart) in SONAR Platinum (Gloucester build) when I load up "Azul Vol.1 Loops, Collenius Rhythm"
this patch is ok here in studio one v3 (x64)
So - any other presets problematic in Studio One? See the other posts in this thread for potential candidates.
Thanks

I had issues in Reaper before but my issues were solved with the 2.15 update.

That being said, I get volume spikes from the PWM Sweep patch that used to crash my system before (This might be a Reaper 5 thing though).

Return to “Big Tick”