SM 2.7.1 problem with Unison voices with filters and Best performance (strange noises)

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I use Reaper 64b and SM2.7.1 64b and if I set main Unison for 8x, Filter 1 Analog > Best and Preset > Best, Max voices 64 and hit notes, It produce clicks and noises on start of notes, like as my machine is hard working but CPU usage is only max 20% - maybe 30%. Sometimes it can be heard without unison voices. On Dual filter are strange noises loud. On digital filter it is too, and allways (from draft to best).

It could be it's maxing out a single core.

Even though CPU usage seems low, a single core could be in overload, producing artifacts like the one you're describing?

Anyway I guess it's not normal behaviour...

I hope 2.7 nails at least some of the bugs that were really annoying in 2.6.
If not, it's still a king in chains...

- Mario

Hmm you are right, I look into CPU in Task Manager and there if noises appear, the one core is maxed. Reaper dont show usage propertly and I had 40 sometimes 60% with 4 - 6 notes. But noises sometimes appear in lower CPU usage, If I use Best in preset settings and Basic Analog Filter without maxed any cpu core.

Why are you using unison? Try to increase Osc Voices parameter if you are using basic/wavetable oscillators.

With best quality and unison the CPU usage will be really really high!

The idea behind Osc voice stacking/unison (voices > 1) is that you duplicate the oscillators but the number of (analog) filters you use don't increase and hence the CPU usage becomes more tolerable!
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote:Why are you using unison? Try to increase Osc Voices parameter if you are using basic/wavetable oscillators.
Because sometimes it needs to have more osc then 8x in osc. For example I want 16 or 24. And for that case I need to use Unison. And if synth have it, why not use it?

For 16, use 2 oscillators with each voices set to 8. For 24/32, turn on layer 2 :)
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Return to “KV331 Audio”