My old eyes and the grid.

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The grid visability is very tough for my old eyes to see. Anyone else have problems with this ?

I can see the grid perfectly fine (given I'm 17!) but I wouldn't mind if they darkened the grid lines a bit
maybe have an option for it?
-Tristan
MacBook Pro|MacOS Sierra|Bitwig Studio 2.0
UA Apollo Twin| EVE SC207 Monitors|ATH M50x|Focal Spirt Pro|Komplete 10|Push

TristanMendoza wrote:I can see the grid perfectly fine (given I'm 17!) but I wouldn't mind if they darkened the grid lines a bit
maybe have an option for it?
Past 40, things get blurry...

PHY6 wrote:The grid visability is very tough for my old eyes to see.
Sorry to hear that. Do you think it's the color or size?

Themes would be nice. Would help people who have color blind deficiencies too.

I think it would be cool if you could have control over the colors of the whole GUI, and that could address this too. Have prefs sections for each bit like foreground color (the orange), background color, arrange background, grid, etc. Then have sliders for hue, saturation, brightness, and contrast, as appropriate for each section. This would be more versatile than just having a few different light and dark themes.

True

It may be possible to edit your default.theme file ( making a backup 1st obviously ). It looks like the colour values can be R.G.B and R.G.B.A form a quick look at the file, with values from 0.0 to 1.0 . I am working on a Linux OS so im unsure of where the file would reside and exactly what the name for grid part you would like darker, but I guess you could experiment with the file to find out?
grid.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PHY6 wrote:Anyone else have problems with this ?
No.

You see, there is this thing called glasses...

loungepanda wrote:
No.

Errr.... :help:

The lines are just so thin, that I struggle to see the contrast.
Nothing to do with glasses, because I wear them in the studio.

PHY6 wrote:The lines are just so thin, that I struggle to see the contrast.
Does changing the contrast on your monitor help?

dplduffy wrote:
Tried that...doesn't make the lines any thicker.
For instance, when in note edit mode...in 16th, select a part of the grid with your mouse. Now then I can see the grid quite clear, the lines are just too vague I guess...

PHY6 wrote:
dplduffy wrote:
Tried that...doesn't make the lines any thicker.
For instance, when in note edit mode...in 16th, select a part of the grid with your mouse. Now then I can see the grid quite clear, the lines are just too vague I guess...
Yeah I figured I would ask even though it was an obvious work around. I'm sorry to hear that, I can vouge that the lines are very faint, while I don't have an issue seeing them I wouldn't hesitate to make them more visible if I could.

I would send a feature request in, maybe not a specific one, just let them know you have trouble seeing the lines. Maybe there's an easy fix they can do fast.

loungepanda wrote:
No.

Wow that was rude. I have never needed to wear glasses and I also struggle to see the lines. I would love for Bitiwig to be more eyesight friendly, different line options for the grid, different themes(orange wears down on the eyes), slowly fading vertical line when ever you click in the arrangement view, track resizing, bigger piano roll. Ya I think that about covers it.

this might be an unfavorable solution, but I have eyesight problems and I found that decreasing the screen resolution a tad made everything a lot easier to see. Granted it does not thicken up the grid lines and it can make VST windows a bit big, but it makes all the text and knobs a lot easier on the eyes.

not the solution to your specific problem though, I apologize <3

Return to “Bitwig”