Spotlight Ensembles from Kirk Hunter - 1st Audio Demo

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'll say what we're all thinking, when and how much?

garywilliamson1 wrote:I'll say what we're all thinking, when and how much?
Should be ready in Fall, 2015. Price TBA.

KirkHunter wrote:Price TBA.
I'm in hopes it's tolerable because it sounds so good and I want it. Is it Kontakt Player/VSTi?

I listen to the demo and I hear a lively performance but not only that. I hear a bit of that Golden Era-sound, especially during the breakdown. You've really outdone yourself Mr. Hunter. :clap:

Aryaroman wrote:
KirkHunter wrote:Price TBA.
I'm in hopes it's tolerable because it sounds so good and I want it. Is it Kontakt Player/VSTi?

I listen to the demo and I hear a lively performance but not only that. I hear a bit of that Golden Era-sound, especially during the breakdown. You've really outdone yourself Mr. Hunter. :clap:
"Golden Era" indeed! That's pretty much what I "tend" to strive for in my design. Yes, I know that I have to include all "eras" and "styles" that I can wrap my head around. But it is that "Golden Era" that I like the best.

It is slated to be a Kontakt Player library. The price of this beast is still TBA. Just know that despite it's "beastliness", it's very CPU-friendly, and VERY memory-friendly.

KirkHunter wrote:"Golden Era" indeed! That's pretty much what I "tend" to strive for in my design. Yes, I know that I have to include all "eras" and "styles" that I can wrap my head around. But it is that "Golden Era" that I like the best.
Great to hear that! As a fan of old movies and composers like Ennio Morricone, Bernard Herrmann, Nino Rota, etc. I think there's still much room for that Golden Era-sound in the orchestral library market. I feel smaller and intimate libraries often lack power and the bigger ones character and intimacy and building a setup component-by-component requires a lot of trial-and-error, time, money and disc space. So this collection is sounding to be an excellent mix of both.

Kirk, sounds great!

What will be the minimum version of Kontakt it can run on?

dbender wrote:Kirk, sounds great!

I am planning on having this orchestral beast available as a KONTAKT PLAYER library. Yes, that's right....you won't have to purchase the full version of Kontakt for this one. But again...this is PRELIMINARY.

KirkHunter wrote:
dbender wrote:Kirk, sounds great!

I am planning on having this orchestral beast available as a KONTAKT PLAYER library. Yes, that's right....you won't have to purchase the full version of Kontakt for this one. But again...this is PRELIMINARY.
Thanks Kirk.

I meant version number of the full Kontakt. Will it work in Kontakt 5.2? (Kontakt version 5.3 requires OS X 10.7+ BUT I'm still on OS X 10.6.8.)

I will look into a 5.2 version. But I am not sure if it will work just yet.

Any word on the estimated price or release date still?

Aryaroman wrote:Any word on the estimated price or release date still?
Still shooting for the Autumn. :)

At the first glance looks like this is tailored especially for the live use.

Harry_HH wrote:At the first glance looks like this is tailored especially for the live use.
Definitely. But it's really good for composing when you want the entire sections there for you to play.

KirkHunter wrote:
Aryaroman wrote:Any word on the estimated price or release date still?
Still shooting for the Autumn. :)
Can you say where you're shooting the price range for? Like more or less expensive than Spitfire's Albion-line? (+500e) Or will there be budget-versions like EWQL?

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”