-edit-

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

-edit
Last edited by u_f_o on Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It sounds like your bass notes are overlapping. Especially around the 1 minute mark this is very obvious and it's making the whole track muddy. I recommend switching the bass part to monophonic mode.

I like the whimsical nature of it, but it sounds a bit messy and directionless. Nothing really comes or goes or leads to anything else, there are some cool sounds and moments of potential, but I get the impression you're relatively new to making music. Keep at it and don't be afraid to thin out the note count :)
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Out of the three tracks you posted recently, I liked this one the best. It's fun and the vocoder and synths sound nice. It was wise to stop it at 3 minutes since it's basically one idea repeated.

a fun track indeed. very good mix and cool vocoder sound. some other lyrical content would have changed it up a bit..even a small variation like, "mirror on the wall, will you drop me like a ball?"
"if i break you will you ball. will you cry and stain the wall?"

Sendy is right about the low end mud as it can be seen clearly in this spec analysis of that part of the song:
alot of energy going on at about the 30hz band.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Music Cafe”