Can anyone recommend an MP3/WAV player that will work on my Receptor 1?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I would like to load a plugin on one of my channels that would have an MP3 or WAV file preloaded when I load a multi, then I could Play/Pause/Restart playback with midi data sent from my midi foot controller and play along with the track live.

Is anyone else doing this? Any advice? It doesn't need to be a very elaborate VST, just the functions mentioned above.

Thanks!

Hi,

You could try Rehearse, see:
http://www.fatbee.nl/

Fedde

That looks very promising! I downloaded but will not get to play with it for a week or so. Can you tell me if I have Rehearse loaded in a Multi patch with a song loaded in it will it retain the song so when I load the Multi remotely it is ready to go? The other thing is I saw an Auto Start function but not a Play/Pause function. Does it have Play/Pause? I will probably figure this out when I try it but I am just excited/curious.

Also, how is the development coming on Rehearse+ ?

Thanks!

Yes you can assign play/pause behavior to a midi key. Rehearse++ is about 90% ready. However the last 10% takes longer than expected due to too many side activities. It will have a ton more features and configuration possibilities and multi track playback...

Fedde

Rehearse is a great idea, Fedde!
I've only had my Receptor 2 for a couple of weeks, but I can think of a couple of ways Rehearse would be a useful tool.
Keep up the good work.

Rehearse for sure. Awesome program. There were (are?) some freeware MP3 players floating around out there, but I believe they are not licensed with Faunhofer, which means using them is illegal… Rehearse is a much better way to go.

Bryan

+1 for Rehearse!

Kevin L

Help! I have mixed some mp3's to .wav files and drag/dropped them to the ReceptorHD from my Mac. When I load them in they are "red titles". I have tried different sample and bit rates as well as duration. I even tried mixing as mono as the one sample given with the softer titled "Rehearse" is apparently a .7 Kbps bit rate and only 2 sec. long. Just to get something to load in I tried to copy those specs even though the instructions say you can load a .wav file at 44.1-96 Kbps and either 16 or 24 bit. I pulled up properties of the files I moved onto the Receptor HD and they all have volume. It's just when I load them into Rehearse they load in "Red" and show 0:00 for sample duration.

What'd I do wrong??
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

I advise to use the latest versions of Rehearse (v1.14 or later). Later Rehearse versions are better resistant to non-standard wave files.

You can find it at:
http://www.fatbee.nl/

Got it! Updated and working. Thanks.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

Return to “Muse Research and Development”