Experience with Banshee and Midi Guitars / You Rock Guitar

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anybody around here have some experience with OT products and Midi guitars? I own most of their stuff, and I think about buying a dedicated controller to get a more 'guitar like' feel. I thought about the You Rock Guitar thing - yes, it's a bit of a toy, but damn cheap, and might be sufficient for simple stuff. Opinions on that?

I was going to ask: I'm looking at getting a midi guitar. What would be the best MIDI guitar to use with Banshee?

The you rock guitar is cool if you get the new radius neck. The rubber on the original
necks are sticky.Great product for the money.

The banshee demos sound real good. Banshee may have the best pick attack of any sampled guitar.

Hey, thanks a lot - how good is the You Rock Guitar at strumming? Or is it primarily for finger picking?

I should probably pick up one of these to try out for myself. :)

Also, I wanted to mention that there's going to be some improvements in the next update for the Evolution guitar engine to address some of the current limitations in the multi-channel MIDI guitar support:

1. Multi-channel legato separation.

This addresses the issue where playing the same pitch on separate strings would result in only allowing one note to be played instead of both simultaneously. Even without enabling the MIDI guitar mode, this will be useful because it allows you to use separate MIDI channels to distinguish between notes that should be played legato and notes that should be allowed to play harmonically despite what your current legato ranges are set to. In other words, you could have your legato range set to an octave distance, but use different MIDI channels to essentially have separate voices.

2. Polyphonic pitch bends

This gets a little tricky, especially with the existing pitch bend note include/exclude system, but the goal is to let you bend the strings independently, which is great for MIDI guitar users or just sequencer power users who like using the MIDI guitar mode for the extra control it offers.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

TQ, Haven't done much strumming. You will have to do some tweaking.
There are some good you tube videos.

Thanks for the feedback! :tu:

hi , check my melodic metal music , played with Banshee

https://soundcloud.com/amin-haji-akbari/chaos-mind

Awesome--I love all those electronic blip noises and synth-type stuff mixed in.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”