Two short tracks where I tried combining 2 step garage drums with 60s pop sounds

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by Cole1012 on Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Both sound great here. I prefer the second...I like the mood of that one.

Thanks clintmartin.

Cole1012,
Thank you for the review! Are you from a particular state or country? Now your music: "Scenes": unusual drum beat, not sure if all of the non-drum sounds are synth, perhaps some are guitar? I liked the synths more than the drums, though the drums are fine. Seems more like background music for a TV show than a complete song for me; though sounds pretty cool overall. "Remakes": this one seems more a complete song for me. I think this would be cool background music for a video/TV show/movie. Sounds like there could be guitar in this. Sounds nice, if rather short. I preferred this one overall. :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Hey aaron aardvark,

The non-drum sounds in scenes are softsynths and a 12 string rickenbacker plugin. I wasn't sure about the song but I liked how the guitar part turned out. Maybe I'll try to rework it to make it more complete.

When you said there could be guitar in remakes did you mean I should try to add guitar or that you thought there might be guitar in it already?

Thanks for the feedback

Cole,
I thought that there was existing (with a lot of effects) guitar, perhaps, in the song. Though it also had a synth quality to it that made me question if that was really guitar or not. Real guitar may or may not make it sound better, I don't have a strong opinion on that. I am often intrigued by sounds where it is hard to tell if it is synth or guitar, or guitar synth, or sampled guitar, or guitar with synth-like effects.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Return to “Music Cafe”