Bitwig Studio 1.2 BETA-5

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dear Bitwig Beta-Testers,

Bitwig Studio 1.2 BETA-5 is online and can be downloaded from your account page. Here is the list of changes:

FIXED - Roland VSTs crash audio engine.
FIXED - Application might not start on OSX when a non-local URL is in the clipboard.
FIXED - Wrong raw playback with activated arrangement loop.
FIXED - Engine freeze when creating an audio track after loading a specific project.
FIXED - Open plugin GUIs don't disappear when deactivating the engine.
FIXED - When clicking the plus button to insert a device in a new track (or layer in layer device) clicking cancel in the browser did not delete the inserted track (or layer).
FIXED - Crash when showing device title context menu with a controller attached.
FIXED - Controller API: crash when using named device cursor after deleting all devices of a track and then re-selecting the track.
FIXED - Crash when dragging top level effect track into nested track group's main track section, or just grouping fx track with any other track.
FIXED - Muting a group track doesn't mute the sends of the child tracks.
FIXED - Disk streaming underrun while hotswapping sample in sampler.
FIXED - Mini-Playheads in clip launcher group scenes are not working properly after grouping some tracks.
FIXED - Deactivating group tracks leaves the subtracks activated.
FIXED - Some equalizer bands could go below 20Hz.
IMPROVED - Don't allow user to make conflicting shortcut mappings.
IMPROVED - Controller API: add access to siblings of a track.
IMPROVED - Controller API: track bank should allow to navigate flat track list, so that simple controllers work with tracks groups.
IMPROVED - If audio driver does not call audio callback (or blocks) for a period of time then notify user that there is problem with audio driver and close the device.
IMPROVED - Focus should not change unless user is making a selection or clicking in empty area of a panel.
IMPROVED - Display the band's frequency in EQ-2 and EQ-5 devices.
IMPROVED - Clips on Master and Effect tracks can only be dragged to pre-existing audio or instrument tracks.

Happy music hacking!

Volker
Volker Schumacher, developer at http://www.bitwig.com

I see you are come back from hollydays. Great work, but I can't check, I am not on beta group :(

Thnx :?: ,... but cant use it... :dog: :evil: :? :cry:

Wow, first public change log? :D
Nice work guys! Waiting for public beta! :D
Mac OSX, Bitwig Studio, Spire, Massive

Thanks for the update guys !

Release notes on BWS mentions the new Oscilloscope Device in Beta 5 - but there is no such device that i can see ? Maybe a typo on the BWS website release notes . .

Also, any idea when midi drag and drop will be fixed ? I make my own Midi, and would like to drag it into my projects please. .

Fjorko wrote:Thanks for the update guys !

Release notes on BWS mentions the new Oscilloscope Device in Beta 5 - but there is no such device that i can see ? Maybe a typo on the BWS website release notes . .

Also, any idea when midi drag and drop will be fixed ? I make my own Midi, and would like to drag it into my projects please. .
That was a mistake. It's not included in this beta yet, but will be in one of the next betas. Sorry for that!
Volker Schumacher, developer at http://www.bitwig.com

I'm getting graphical errors with tooltips... when hovering the cursor over something long enough, the 1st tooltip generated renders correctly, but if you seamlessly move the cursor to another object which will generate a tooltip immediately, the subsequent tooltips are often glitched (the text is only partially rendered)

1.2 Beta 5
OS X 10.10.5

Upd : Selecting time now is ok. But duplicate time still not work.

I have problems when opening my older projects, there is no sound when playing the arrangement. By hitting the midikeyboard everything works fine - sound also works when clicking on the keys of the pianoroll.

The routing is correct, it looks like everything is muted in the arrangement but already checked that...

Is this round going to all customers? Because I still don't have it in my account yet.

Anybody else on Windows get something like below where when install completes, the complete dialog is almost off the screen?

This is the top Left corner of my 2nd monitor, it has done this for the last at least 3 betas.
install.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael Schmalle
http://www.teotigraphix.com
Surfing on sine waves

Maschine4Bitwig - Studio, MK2, MikroMK2, MK1
http://www.teotigraphix.com/bitwig/maschine

Hey will it be possible to load fxp and fxb presets in bitwig? Or maybe i missed something and it is already possible ?

Eta Carinae wrote:Is this round going to all customers? Because I still don't have it in my account yet.
:shrug: i dont think so, me neither. But im curious if this round did add more beta users...
My patience is getting pretty low now..... :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Awesome! thx for the hard work..

cheers

codec17 wrote:
Eta Carinae wrote:Is this round going to all customers? Because I still don't have it in my account yet.
:shrug: i dont think so, me neither. But im curious if this round did add more beta users...
My patience is getting pretty low now..... :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
Yeah it's crazy. You'd think they would at least add some of us loyal forum users, it wouldn't add that much more. But we're not allowed to be annoyed, I've been told off by other users(who all have the beta) for complaining. :?

Return to “Bitwig”