Resurrection for Alchemy 2 released on patchpool

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Logic Pro Resurrection for Alchemy 2 (Logic X)

I just released my first library for Alchemy 2:

Resurrection for Alchemy 2 contains a broad range of top notch meticulously crafted presets with the focus on as much sonic diversity possible. The 98 patches (x8 snapshots in Alchemy's remix pad) make extensive use of the new features introduced in version 2, like the new spectral and additive re-synthesis and spectral morphing, the improved granulator with multiple grain streams, FM synthesis, and the extended FX section with 4 independent effect racks and convolution reverb.

Multisampled instruments like water-bells, stick cello, marching drum and other percussion sounds meet an array of resynthesized acoustic sounds - also mult-sampled - like flute, violin, trombone,
harp, chimes, e-bowed guitar, psaltery and mandolin or bowed metallophones and are often layered with electronic textures also derived from re-synthesized images. Lush pads, haunting and enchanting
soundscapes, massive drones, expressive fantasy instruments, fascinating morph-textures, playful and groovy sequencers and intricate rhythmical textures compose a versatile collection of new sounds applicable in all kinds of genres, from ambient to new-age to electronica, world-fusion, science-fiction and soundtrack work.

Complex modulation routings and controller assignments enable the user to deeply interact with the sounds and shape them according to his/her needs.

You can view/download the PDF for this library with more details, the license agreement and the patchlist, including playing tips and short descriptions here.

Specs:
  • *98 patches (x8 snapshots in Alchemy's remix pad).
    *1.88 GB of original samples (wav/stereo/48 Khz/24 Bit), some samples were borrowed from other patchpool libraries.
    *All acoustic samples were recorded in L-C-R using three Neumann mics, all signals were phase-aligned.
    *1.22 GB of re-synthesized samples (spectral/additive in Alchemy's aaz.-format).
    *Library size in total: 3.1 GB uncompressed.
    *Delivery: download - compressed RAR-archive in 3 parts for better download handling.
    *Price (paypal): € 48 EUR
NOTE: This sound library requires Alchemy 2 inside LogicX.

Product page.

Audio demos:
https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... -alchemy-2

Videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1Hso0bnnvI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aLTCDiLq50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ujtd7R7PC8

Many more videos for Resurrection can be found in this video playlist.

Thank's for reading!

Simon Stockhausen
Last edited by Sampleconstruct on Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:57 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Oh yes!! Sold

aMUSEd wrote:Oh yes!! Sold
Thank's Stephen, the journey continues...

As I hoped it would :)

So all the people who own the original Alchemy and made it successful enough to be sold are now going to be ignored, gee thanks a lot.
Win 10 with Ryzen 5950x, Bitwig 5, too many plugins, Novation Circuit Mono Station and now a lovely Waldorf Blofeld.

Oh ffs! - what do you expect Simon to do about that? Please keep the backbiting out of this thread.

Kypresso wrote:So all the people who own the original Alchemy and made it successful enough to be sold are now going to be ignored, gee thanks a lot.
Yes, it's all my fault, I confess.

Not that I expect you to actually share sales figures, but I'd be curious to hear a year from now how successful this new subscription sells compared to the old one- the potential audience of everyone who bought Alchemy v1 vs the potential audience of everyone who currently owns Logic. It should be interesting!

Anyway, best of luck with the new library. :)
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:Not that I expect you to actually share sales figures, but I'd be curious to hear a year from now how successful this new subscription sells compared to the old one- the potential audience of everyone who bought Alchemy v1 vs the potential audience of everyone who currently owns Logic. It should be interesting!

Anyway, best of luck with the new library. :)
Thank's - It's not a subscription, it a single library. And it's more a personal thing I have with Alchemy, I abandoned it, now it's back an it's inspiring me, so I just have to do one more. If that is going to be a success financially or not is hard to say, but I would do it anyway.

aMUSEd wrote:Oh ffs! - what do you expect Simon to do about that? Please keep the backbiting out of this thread.
Ermm, i don't know, maybe i was hoping that anything getting released might just work for all the existing copies of alchemy. Sorry for being overly f**king optimistic and then getting disappointed.
Win 10 with Ryzen 5950x, Bitwig 5, too many plugins, Novation Circuit Mono Station and now a lovely Waldorf Blofeld.

sounds good and good luck for it :wink:

sadly i´m on PC with the abandonded Alchemy :cry:

but anyway needs to live with it :hug:

DrumAddict wrote:sounds good and good luck for it :wink:

sadly i´m on PC with the abandonded Alchemy :cry:

but anyway needs to live with it :hug:
Thank you - I can testify that a life without Alchemy is possible :tu:

Two fresh patches from Resurrection in this track. Depending on the source material, the new spectral resynthesis algos can produce really good results. I was pleased how organic the resynthesized cello pizz phrases in one of these patches sounded, and what you can do with them in the formant section, drastically changing the timbres with controllers and LFOs. Also the new FX send and filter routings offer plenty of options for more complex patches.

100% Alchemy 2, some volume automation, nothing else.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Two fresh patches from Resurrection in this track. Depending on the source material, the new spectral resynthesis algos can produce really good results. I was pleased how organic the resynthesized cello pizz phrases in one of these patches sounded, and what you can do with them in the formant section, drastically changing the timbres with controllers and LFOs. Also the new FX send and filter routings offer plenty of options for more complex patches.

<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... my-2</span>
Very nice one. Great to see you working on patches so fast. I agree that the spectral resynthesis is really better than i thought first. I didn't saw that it's set to noise by default which sounds not very organic but pitch works good for me... really great for some sounds. The additive resynthesis is a bit lame.
How long is the pre-order valid?

Cinebient wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Two fresh patches from Resurrection in this track. Depending on the source material, the new spectral resynthesis algos can produce really good results. I was pleased how organic the resynthesized cello pizz phrases in one of these patches sounded, and what you can do with them in the formant section, drastically changing the timbres with controllers and LFOs. Also the new FX send and filter routings offer plenty of options for more complex patches.

Very nice one. Great to see you working on patches so fast. I agree that the spectral resynthesis is really better than i thought first. I didn't saw that it's set to noise by default which sounds not very organic but pitch works good for me... really great for some sounds. The additive resynthesis is a bit lame.
How long is the pre-order valid?
Thank's fellow Alchemist. Try the spectral resynthesis on it's own without the additive part, when using it in combo with additive mode it only resynthesizes components of the sounds which are not covered by the additive algorithm, that's why it's set to “Noise“ in that mode, but when using only the spectral import, you have the formant options and the synthesized vocal filters, also you can use pitch correction, although sometimes Alchemy claims an imported sound has no pitch fluctuation and that option is then greyed out.

The additive resynthesis-mode only works well on simple sounds with clear harmonics and subtle or no dynamic changes, nothing has changed in that respect in comparison to v1. But using the additive editor for creating your own waveforms works very well, similar to the spectral editor in LinPlugs Spectral synth or the additive editor in Serum, but with more options, as you can shape the envelope, panning, pitch and phase for each partial/overtone.

EDIT:
The pre-order is on until the release.

Return to “Soundware”