Key splits?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello!

How do I key-split 2 Polysynths over my keybed? For example: PS 1 goes from C0 - A1 and the second PS goes from A#1 - C5? Is it possible at this time in Bitwig?

Any hints on this topic?

You can put two Polysynth instances in the same track, and put a Note Filter inside the Note FX of each instance. The boring part will be finding the correct note number corresponding to the split you want.

Edit: You can also put the two instances on separate tracks if you prefer, and activate the "track monitoring" (the little speaker icon) on both of them. Though if you switch track, they will automatically switch off, and you'll have to reactivate them.

Hi,

You can use this device : "Instrument Rack".

Il allows you to split and layer any instrument.

The split point is more a split zone, as you can see on the picture below, transition between sounds are progressive.
split and layers.jpg
Cheers,
Y.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

:clown:

@Ybom that seems to be Live, not Bitwig! ^_^

There's an "Instrument Layer" in Bitwig, unfortunately it's very basic at the moment, so you still have to use Note Filters to do a keyboard split. It's probably possible to emulate overlapping transitions as in your example using a Note Mod, but it would be difficult to setup the modulation amounts correctly.

oops :clown:

I really hope that BwS will get these functionalities
the sooner the better

:phones:

Return to “Bitwig”