FR: 'Lock values' and 'windows snap'

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was just wondering if you had given any more thought into these two requests I previously suggested?

1. A button or menu that can lock a parameters value. It would be so powerful for beginners. If you like a certain part of a preset, you could lock in in place and continue to brows presets or randomize. After a few stages of repeating this, someone could very quickly get to their desired sound, without really understanding the plugins setting completely.

2. Windows 7 and 8.1 allow to snap a window to the left or right (half screen) or the top (full screen)
Now windows 10 has improved this with snapping to the corners (this can put 4 windows evenly across the screen)
This would be super helpful with using multiple windows in MXXX.

Thanks, Jason.

Hi,

I'm afraid 1) won't be implemented for now, technical reasons. As for 2) I'll check again, but I think this might be impossible to do without showing the standard window border, which is a total no-go.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Ok, thank you.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

MeldaProduction wrote:Hi,

I'm afraid 1) won't be implemented for now, technical reasons....

I have been thinking about this alot, and profoundly missed a lock function every time I have used MpowerSynth since my purchase in april. Just sayin that it would make functionality and workflow releated creativity atcually match the quality of the synth.

So while I do understand and respect that it means a lot of work, I hope you don't forget about it or decide not to do it cause it appears that users don't really care. IMO all melda plugins would benefit from this function a lot. I'm not going into details about it, but if you are familiar with the U-he plugins and have personally used any of them and their Lock function I know you understand my point. The whole nature of selectively and progressivley mutate a preset or a sound patch like Dr. Frankenstein is unbeatable, if you then take your proper randomize function into count, which (U-he saidly lack) ...I mean that's like ( insert realization here if or when you have attained it ) ;)

Anyhow, I am really grateful for your effort and excellent plugins, and saving up and buying TotalBundle is probably the most rewarding and best purchase I have made.

I genuinely can't Thank You enuff.

I know it would be really great to have that.

Maybe if it's not possible to lock individual parameters. Would it be easier to add a lock to a group of controls? Like where the randomize buttons lives now.
So in MPowerSynth I could lock the filter and Arp sections and randomize globally.

Or, is there a way to modulate the parameters with a "freeze" or "lock" modulator. That basically sends a message to the parameter to not move. This might be an easier way to do it?

Hmmm, here's the thing - first there's GUI, but I suppose some alt+click menu or something would solve it. But then there's a bigger problem - there's like 2000 automatable parameters in MPowerSynth and waaaaaay more nonautomatable (think of all the graphs, sequences etc.). In these cases it is pretty much impossible... So I suppose some lock feature to the classic knobs could be possible (though last time I tried to do it in MReverb's dry/wet it didn't go to well, don't remember why...maybe it's nothing), but that's about it.

EDIT: I can see a potentially simple possibility - lock feature would show the list of all automatable parameters (the classic selection in multiparams/mods, maybe even learn could be possible) and you could add all parameters you want to retain.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Yes, this is good.
I just had a play around with an idea, that almost works well.
If you assign a modulator to a parameter but have the range values set to the same as the value when you assigned it. It will stay there even if you try to turn the knob or click randomise. This is essentially locking it.

Problems with that method:
When you learn a parameter with a mod, you can not just click on the parameter. This means in order to quickly learn it we have to move the parameters value to create a modulatable range. Then we have to go into the mod to change the range back to where it was.
Also this is fine for when randomizing, but when we change a preset it would change our "freeze" modulator.

Yes, I meant really create Lock button similar to the modulators and multiparameters, with similar controls, but it would justr lock the parameter values upon preset loading or randomization.

EDIT: The upside is that it would let you save presets for the "lock" so... ;)
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:Yes, I meant really create Lock button similar to the modulators and multiparameters, with similar controls, but it would justr lock the parameter values upon preset loading or randomization.

Yes this would be perfect, thanks.
Only thing though is:
We don't want it to save/load with presets.
The whole point is that it overrides the presets and randomization.
So for example, I might lock a few filter perameters, but opon loading a different preset, I would like the locks to remain as they are without loading any locked information from the newly loaded preset.

jmg8 wrote:
MeldaProduction wrote:Yes, I meant really create Lock button similar to the modulators and multiparameters, with similar controls, but it would justr lock the parameter values upon preset loading or randomization.

Yes this would be perfect, thanks.
Only thing though is:
We don't want it to save/load with presets.
The whole point is that it overrides the presets and randomization.
So for example, I might lock a few filter perameters, but opon loading a different preset, I would like the locks to remain as they are without loading any locked information from the newly loaded preset.
OH, I think I just get what you ment. Do you mean it would have individual presets for the lock itself?
OK, think I get you.

MeldaProduction wrote:... it would justr lock the parameter values upon preset loading or randomization.
Exactly, thats the only fuctions I talking about.

It just appears to me to be a relative simple task because of my complete ingorance/lack of knowledge in how code works.

I guess this is apparently wrong, but shouldn't it be a basic, maybe time demandning, but quite basic to have a function, in this case the lock which overrides something like reading new data from presets. Kind of - "If x is active (lock) current data of parameter does not get replaced by preset data"

jmg8 wrote: We don't want it to save/load with presets
Not to load, but we WANT it to save the data of locked parameters, afterall when happy with something u really want to save your new Frankenstein monster patch.

As with U-he stuff the actual "lock" of the parameter doesn't get saved with the preset. But it does get saved within the project, so when you open it the next time you locks are still in function/place.

Yes exactly! But good point! It must not be saved with presets, damn, very good point... :D
Vojtech

Just my vote, but I think we should call it "freeze" as a few of the other plugins out there already call it "lock"

Hmmm, I don't follow - why would we call it differently??? It seems to me like "Lock" would be just the right name.
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”