USAMO w/ MOTU MTP

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm trying to figure out how to use the USAMO with the MOTU MTP 8 x 8 midi rack. I've got TR8, NL4, PC361, Minitaur, Blofeld, Pulse 2, and Integra-7 going midi in & out from the MOTU. (7 pieces of gear leaving 1 set of midi in & out free for the USAMO)

So, how can I use the USAMO to replace my DAWs midi clock, and to clock all of those hardware synths for a jitter-free operation? Is there a way to hook the USAMO into the remaining midi IN of the MOTU and somehow clock everything that way?

I've heard that another way would be to hook the USAMO into the thru of each piece of equipment (if each piece has a thru), or buy a couple of midi splitters and feed each piece of equipment it's on cable to the thru ports. But, I have 2 MOTU 8 x 8, and there's got to be a way to clock all the synths using the MOTU and the USAMO.

Can any seasoned hardware pros out there offer some wisdom? :-) Thanks!

You should be able to route one MIDI Input on the MTP to all of the MIDI Outputs. Do you have the MTP AV w/USB? I've never tried routing the inputs and outputs from the front panel but it's pretty easy to do with the ClockWorks utility (if you have the USB version).

Yes, I do have the USB version. I've never delved into the MOTU MTP options......at all. I've always just hooked up synths (in & out of each port) and sequenced that way.

Yeah, routing from the front panel of the MOTU, I think, would be a nightmare. I had no idea that CLOCKWORKS even existed. I suppose that CW is also automatically installed when you install the MTP driver? I'll look around my "start menu" (...win guy) for CW and take a look.

I have more gear like MS2000R and WALDORF Micro Q, MICROBRUTE, K2VXS, and a couple of other pieces of gear that I'll hook up to a MOTU MIDI EXPRESS XT (8x8), so I'll have to get 2 USAMO. The FF800 will suppply the 1/4" outs for each no problem for USAMO. Plenty of midi cables too. (But, if this works, then I'll definitely be a cult-follower of Expert Sleepers)

This is getting complex. :-( Trying to expand my 'midi' way of thinking. There's no choice, I suppose.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”