Frank Arnold - Deep Horizon (Work In Progress) EDM/Trance/Dance/Above & Beyond?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi KvRians, I'm working on something different.

I'm not really sure about the style... IMO it's some kind of "bigroom trance" or dance?
My first idea was that it goes a bit in the direction of Above & Beyond but this is sometimes named as "Dance and DJ" style, some people will als name it Trance...

What do you think which style it fits the best?

https://soundcloud.com/52degree/frank-a ... n-progress

I always like your work.

I would probably move away from the trance/A&B comparisons as it just doesn't come close to those kinds of genres.

If anything I'd describe it a more synth/pop from the 90s.

Sound choice and mix depth are really nice so far. I'd focus on that juicy filtered lead (always a favourite with me) and work on melodic interest rather than genre definition.

Thank you Geoff, it's a good hint with "synth/pop".
The idea was to have something more up-driven but not too trancy... seems it's on the right way ;)

To me this sounds pretty much like an A&B/Anjunabeats trance just slowed down a bit. You may try bpm around 135-137 and more complicated precussion.

Overall, nice melody and great productiuon quality. IIRC here you have Virus and Nord synths, do you? (i remember you posted a snippet of this track when we were discussing Nordlead emulations)
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Dunno, kinda like it, but if you want to make more funky, maybe this will inspire you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2HWuR2mq5M

recursive one wrote:To me this sounds pretty much like an A&B/Anjunabeats trance just slowed down a bit. You may try bpm around 135-137 and more complicated precussion.

Overall, nice melody and great productiuon quality. IIRC here you have Virus and Nord synths, do you? (i remember you posted a snippet of this track when we were discussing Nordlead emulations)
The BPM is this time the lowest where it sounds good (113 BPM) but I will increase it a bit ;)
Yes, it's a Virus and a Nord Lead (but also FXpansion Strobe for this "typical" pluck sounds).

Lol, the Bowie song is 114 bpm. Not bad, aye? :)

Live Transmission wrote:Lol, the Bowie song is 114 bpm. Not bad, aye? :)
Hehe :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”