Roli Seaboard RISE

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

25 keys - 599 GBP/799 USD , 3 dimension expressive keyboard

https://roli.com/products/seaboard-rise

Wow

f**k me

That looks amazing.

Will have to try one to see if it's for me but yeah feeling a strong sense of GAS coming on.

Interesting !
This puts it in an 'affordable' category at least.
I'd love a Continuum or Seaboard, but the full versions are quite the investment.
With something like this I could at least try and see if I can make something out of it.

Interesting. Keybed is shallower and made from a different material than the other Rolis. One question I have is if the new material is as durable as the other Rolis.

I wanna know if they are going to do version with more octaves. I think the minimum I'd want is three. But 4 or 5 octave would be even better. If it's going to be in a keyboard layout, I'd want to be able to use 2 hands. Otherwise it seems like a linnstrument would be a better option.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:I wanna know if they are going to do version with more octaves. I think the minimum I'd want is three. But 4 or 5 octave would be even better. If it's going to be in a keyboard layout, I'd want to be able to use 2 hands. Otherwise it seems like a linnstrument would be a better option.
These are my thoughts exactly. But if they make a 4 or 5 octave version, I wonder if the price will go right back up to the levels of their other products. I'm really torn between the Linnstrument, with its large octave range, and the Roli line, which at least lets me take advantage of my existing piano keyboard skills. I can see myself never actually practicing enough to become proficient with the Linnstrument, whereas the Roli should be a fairly quick adjustment. Decisions...
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Of course they will and the prices will surely be lower than they used to be as it will be mass produced and not hand made in their HQ. But first of all it won't be so mobile anymore (and this one is a lean mean mobile machine with the size of a thin microkorg, batteries and wireless midi) and second: who knows when will they release it... Is it worth they wait instead getting one now and then selling it or maybe keeping it for travels and buying big brother for the studio/stage?

deastman wrote:I can see myself never actually practicing enough to become proficient with the Linnstrument, whereas the Roli should be a fairly quick adjustment. Decisions...
seems like a realistic thought... if you can't put in the extra time, much better to go for the Roli. ( grid layouts are a different experience though)

initially I thought, 25 keys... nah, way too small, but now thinking its portability is really attractive, connect it to an iPhone, attractive portable solution :)

Id prefer a RISE 61, which will be cheaper than the GRAND, as its mass produced, and I doubt it will be long before we see it (redesign is already done)
I wonder if the bigger RISE will come with the DSP so we get Equator on-board. which I would prefer, even with a price tag.... price? 599GBP for 25 keys , 999GBP with 61 keys + DSP?

thetechnobear wrote:
deastman wrote:I can see myself never actually practicing enough to become proficient with the Linnstrument, whereas the Roli should be a fairly quick adjustment. Decisions...
seems like a realistic thought... if you can't put in the extra time, much better to go for the Roli. ( grid layouts are a different experience though)

initially I thought, 25 keys... nah, way too small, but now thinking its portability is really attractive, connect it to an iPhone, attractive portable solution :)

Id prefer a RISE 61, which will be cheaper than the GRAND, as its mass produced, and I doubt it will be long before we see it (redesign is already done)
I wonder if the bigger RISE will come with the DSP so we get Equator on-board. which I would prefer, even with a price tag.... price? 599GBP for 25 keys , 999GBP with 61 keys + DSP?
I already have Ableton Push, and I've never put in the time to become proficient with that keyboard layout. Of course you can confine it to a scale, but still... so yeah, I think I'm going to hold out for a 61 key RISE and hope the price isn't too insane. I'm guessing it will be $1500 to compete directly with Linnstrument. I don't care much about portability.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Very cool and the video showing off the 3 musicians playing jazz (with the sax solo) was bloody impressive enough to convince me to get one in the future.

However they make no mention of the samplers or synths they're hooked to and this makes a huge difference - is it only good for roli-specific samplers and synths to take advantage of the roli functionality or does it work with regular stuff like kontakt? It's not clear at all in their website and a pretty huge oversight in their part.

Since it sends regular MIDI, of course it can be used with anything that receives MIDI...

This is the Grand, not the Rise, but it is a good presentation of the keyboard and how it feels and acts while playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijX4bQxpbok

keyman_sam wrote:Very cool and the video showing off the 3 musicians playing jazz (with the sax solo) was bloody impressive enough to convince me to get one in the future.
Which video is that?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”