FR: PLEASE!! Leave my play-marker ALONE! [SOLVED!!]

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi.....
I cant get used to it. :?
That when i put my play marker on a place where i want to it to play FROM,(because i want to program a drumroll for example) that the nasty bugger always go to the beginning of a clip when you select another clip in arranger....
Isnt it more ordinary that when you place your play marker on a beat and it will ALWAYS start where you put it.???
Make it an option or something , that when you place play marker it STAYS there!

IT DRIVES ME NUTS! :cry: :cry: :hug:
Last edited by codec17 on Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah, I've haven't been able to get used to this either.

A habit I can't break...

1. Closes VST GUI
2. Presses spacebar to stop playing
3. Mac OS "Funk" Sound Effect plays
4. Remembers he needs to click on Bitwig before pressing spacebar
5. Clicks a random spot on the arranger
6. Realizes he has accidentally moved the playhead once again

:lol:

EDIT: this is no longer an issue... bitwig has fixed this :tu:
Last edited by WXLF on Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I agree this "Funk" sound effect after making some changes to a vst pane also annoys me. I switched to using my keyboard to control the playback but from time to time i forget about it and then
"BING"
Especially annoying when the monitors are driven hard while the master fader actually is set to a low level. Maybe it could be handled in a way that the window gets activated over which the mouse pointer is visible. So even without clicking. On the other hand that is maybe even more confusing.

The playback head should really remember it´s place once it deliberately put somewhere else then the beginning of a clip.

What also annoys me is when playhead following is always deactivating itself once I click somewhere. I mean I just hovered with the mouse to the toolbar and chose playhead following to be active. Then I listen to one bar and click to make some changes. Then I hit alt-space to resume from there but the playhead following is deactivated and playback move out of sight. Aaaargh!!! :hihi:
Mac OSX 10.11.2
Safire Pro 14

https://soundcloud.com/kung_vu

ulisses wrote: What also annoys me is when playhead following is always deactivating itself once I click somewhere. I mean I just hovered with the mouse to the toolbar and chose playhead following to be active. Then I listen to one bar and click to make some changes. Then I hit alt-space to resume from there but the playhead following is deactivated and playback move out of sight. Aaaargh!!! :hihi:
Yeah it isnt even consistent.... :hihi: :hihi:
I say its rubbish!
It ,s really the only thing what annoys me in bitwig....
Besides....................... nah i,ll keep those one for another time.
But this one REALLY freaks me out!

I concur with everything said in this thread

a bitwig user from day one and STILL can't get used to that playhead (handy sometimes, but a pain most). PLEASE add menu option to allow bitwig playhead to behave like every other main DAW in existence...

thank you

+1, I'm not a fan of having the playhead losing place during editing.

I have never had a problem with this :o
-Tristan
MacBook Pro|MacOS Sierra|Bitwig Studio 2.0
UA Apollo Twin| EVE SC207 Monitors|ATH M50x|Focal Spirt Pro|Komplete 10|Push

Somewhat related, and up there on my list of annoyances (could very well be #1 for me) is that BWS will not always move the playhead when you click. Sometimes a fast click is registered as the start of a tiny drag, and then it won't move the playhead. Most of the time when I want to move the playhead I click, only to realize it hasn't actually moved, and I click and click again, and then click very slowly until it works. Other DAWs seem to have a minimum size before dragging is considered a drag, so clicking is much more responsive. This is really hard to explain.

A while back I managed to convince the guys at Bitwig over email about the importance of this (and how it makes the whole app feel more responsive), but I don't know when they'll be able to address it. In this gif the little blue playhead marker doesn't always move to where I clicked (I'm clicking each time I move back and forth), unless I click very slowly. :(

Yeah! Bitwig 1.3 must all be in the light of the playhead...... :hihi: :hug:

yepp cursor moving and clip selecting should be two different thing

+1 , in S1 by default Ctrl+space is cursor moving(to the current mouse pointer position, but don't have to click), and space starts the playing > fast and effective
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

I thinks it's also a bad habit derived from Live.

xbitz wrote:yepp cursor moving and clip selecting should be two different thing

+1 , in S1 by default Ctrl+space is cursor moving(to the current mouse pointer position, but don't have to click), and space starts the playing > fast and effective
I love in studio one the option return to start when stop.! :pray: :pray: :pray:
So place marker on 64.1 and everytime i hit stop it goes back to 64.1. So NOT to the beginning of song as it maybe could be read. :D
I really hope so that day will come in bitwig.
I could mail them a FR but im sure they bussy with smoothing out 1.2 so ill wait. :D
I hope they read this!!!
Devs bring it on! Im more then ready here put it in and you made me a dream DAW! :hug: :D :clown:

codec17 wrote:
xbitz wrote:yepp cursor moving and clip selecting should be two different thing

... I love in studio one the option return to start when stop.! :pray: :pray: :pray:
So place marker on 64.1 and everytime i hit stop it goes back to 64.1. So NOT to the beginning of song as it maybe could be read. :D ...
time selection tool (+ "loop selection region" default is ctrl+l) knows it

just a clicking can move the cursors away... the missing feature from S1 is the "Options/Advanced/Editing/Locate when clicked in empty space" and it should be extend with clips
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

+1 on this. Would be great if this can be improved

Maybe an option to lock the start postion.

Return to “Bitwig”