any osx.10.11 issues for us melders?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

...won't touch it until I'm sure it's safe to jump in...have received several em alerts on plugs I never use anymore about compatibility issues, etc...just thought I'd ask... :P .../s~
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

also very curious about this. i think i read it over on the izotope website where they said that apple changed something (more or less) fundamentally concerning the au validation system - is this true, voijtec? and if yes, does that mean that pretty much EVERY plugin would be affected no matter which manufacturer? thanks for your help!

The answer appears to be yes. I also had problems with the NI plugins that I use. I found a work around for the NI problems but it didn't seem to fix the Melda plugins. Does anyone know when an update or fix will be coming?

As far as I know the plugins are working in 10.11 (I checked only with beta though). michaeleherman - what is the problem?
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

glad to hear that, although i definitely won't update so soon with so many plugins not working... ni, arturia, steinberg, east west, avid, slate, heck, even waves - this is just ludicrous of apple, don't know what's happening with them...

Well, that's Apple, I cannot say this strongly enough, this could never happen on Windows... Sadly while the general community is getting away from Windows, musicians are still keeping there...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

..."this could never happen on Windows..."...:scared:...I don't know the particulars of the apple snaffuu, but i did spend 30+ yrs working on maggie's farm in software dev. on the ms gravy train, and that was no walk in the park either...:hihi:...early on the ground rules were no up dates until at least v.3 on the desk top and at least a full generation on the server side...so just to be safe I co-work in osx:logic and osx:reaper, and with a parallels virtual win10:reaper...fwiw.../s~

MeldaProduction wrote:Well, that's Apple, I cannot say this strongly enough, this could never happen on Windows... Sadly while the general community is getting away from Windows, musicians are still keeping there...
haha, maybe it just wouldn't have been noticed because windows is a nightmare overall whereas apple's stuff just works and people get upset when there's one such issue in years ;)

Many people reporting that they are done with OSX, because it just "doesn't work", yet this oldschool pseudoargument "that it just works" still survives :D. Anyway the choice is up to you of course. Both platforms have the pros and cons, but the undeniable fact is that no Windows update ever caused a problem - I made a very complex file manager back in 1998 and it still works in Windows 10 despite I couldn't update it since then. With OSX, everyone is scared with every major update they create, because half of the software stops working... They probably want to keep us busy :D. So much for "it just works" :D
Vojtech

...indeed...imho...the only thing that just works on computers is pulling the plug...:lol:...a data base engine i wrote around 1988/89 still runs under win10...thank god it's now off line now since 2012, but can still be fired up if they need to run analytics on legacy data...:roll:.../s~

Hehe yeah :D, the "analog" approach to controlling a computer is definitely the best :D. The truth is, the software is now so complex, that keeping it 100% stable is simply impossible. But Microsoft pays extra attention to backward compatibility, which is one of the reasons there so much software on Windows and almost nothing on OSX. After all Apple does it like make API -> discard it because it sucked -> make another API -> discard.... :D
Vojtech

...ms was adopted first/fast for business use and in that domain legacy data is the "capo de tutti capi" of EVERYTHING!...:o...not for business analytics/etc...the actual real reason behind all that was/is dictated by all the tax laws (this is us centric)...:help:...records have to be kept for a MINIMUM of seven years...good accountants/tax lawyers suggest 10 to 12...:dog:.../s~

Well, isn't that ideal? ;)
Vojtech

The most annoying thing is that Apple releases a major update every year and stops releasing security fixes for the "old" OS.
That's really a nightmare for pro users.
Having said that, I really like my MacPro. It's been with me for unbelievable 5 years now and I still don't think I need to replace it, because it does what I want it to do...

Ollie
SOUND!

MeldaProduction wrote:As far as I know the plugins are working in 10.11 (I checked only with beta though).
Working fine here. PT 11 & 12, Logic, Triumph, Sound Forge, Twisted Wave, Reaper, & Audiofinder were all fine from the start. iZotope RX 4 couldn't scan Melda AUs (VSTs were fine, though) at first, but a quick re-install fixed that.

I've heard tales of people having difficulties with other software (Waves & NI & others) but iZotope + Melda AUs were the only hiccup I had in the upgrade. And a very minor hiccup it was.

Return to “MeldaProduction”