Latest Builds (revision 3890) of nearly every u-he plugin (Release Candidates)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello there,

here are the Release Candidates for our upcoming 12-product update.
Thanks for your input during the 2nd round (http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=446491)

To keep things short: We've nearly fixed all flaws you've reported (please verify that!), plus,
we've added improvements to software (LFO Restart options & Sync, ARP+Sequencer Timing,
fixed GUI glitches, added Pictures for Win-Installer, added refurbished Podolski skin +
Configuration panel, etc...) and manuals.

Known Issues

Some minor issues are still open but mostly related to Presswerk and Satin, which will be released a bit later.

You can find all installers (for AU, VST2 and AAX) here:

Mac:
ACE3890Mac, Bazille3890Mac, Diva3890Mac, Filterscape3890Mac, MFM23890Mac, Hive3890Mac, Podolski3890Mac,
Presswerk3890Mac, Satin3890Mac, TyrellN63890Mac, TripleCheese3890Mac, Uhbik3890Mac, Zebra23890Mac

Win:
ACE3890Win, Bazille3890Win, Diva3890Win, Filterscape3890Win, MFM23890Win, Hive3890Win, Podolski3890Win,
Presswerk3890Win, Satin3890Win, TyrellN63890Win, TripleCheese3890Win, Uhbik3890Win, Zebra23890Win

INSTALLATION: Simply install the latest builds over your existing installation.

NOTES:

1. ZebraHZ

Patience - we will be releasing an official update soon, hopefully within the next 2 weeks.
The update can then be downloaded via your user account at u-he.

2. OS X 10.11 and Windows 10

In-house tests showed, that u-he plugins work fine on Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) and Windows 10.
We made tests with e.g. LogicX, Live 9 and Studio One 3.

However, please make sure, that all your software and hardware is compatible, when upgrading to a new operating system.
And always backup your current system!

TESTING:

We need your input! ;)

Sound-designers: Go through your patches and verify that they sound as they should
Producers: Load several (old) projects containing our plug-ins and verify that they sound as they should

Alternatively, you could play the synths live while flipping through presets.
Please make sure that you cover all voice-modes etc., including ARP/SEQ and Glide.

Please check that all MIDI CC's & modulation sources/targets work 100% as they should.

Check our plug-ins in different hosts with different audio drivers and buffer-settings. Expect no unwanted distortion.

Check for remaining GUI glitches (use GUI ≠ 100%, check cables), Check timing and functionality of Arp & Seq, LFO sync & restart options (also in combination with Envelopes)

Report any issues you find with OS X 10.11 and Windows 10

Thanks!

Enjoy,
Michael | QA
u-he.com
Last edited by u-he-michael on Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zebra 3890

I set Modmapper1 to modulate LFO2 Phase. Modmapper1 is set to 'increment' so that each note will start with a different LFO2 phase. The LFO phase jumps at the start of each note instead of smoothly starting from the modded location.

Thanks for another update! Sweet!

Has ZebraHZ been updated please?

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chapelle wrote:
MFXxx wrote:Has ZebraHZ been updated please?
u-he-michael wrote:NOTES:

1. ZebraHZ

Patience - we will be releasing an official update soon, hopefully within the next 2 weeks.
The update can then be downloaded via your user account at u-he.
:wink:
Thanks Chapelle. Note to self - eyetest! :@)

Undo bug in Zebra2:

1. Create a new preset. Change a few parameters.
2. Select another preset from the factory bank
3. Click undo (back-arrow) a few times

Expected: The preset should change back to the previous one on first click then on the subsequent clicks the changes should go back in time, step by step.
Actual: The preset does not change on first click, so on subsequent clicks the changes are applied to the current selected one.

pdxindy wrote:Zebra 3890

I set Modmapper1 to modulate LFO2 Phase. Modmapper1 is set to 'increment' so that each note will start with a different LFO2 phase. The LFO phase jumps at the start of each note instead of smoothly starting from the modded location.
I think this must've always been the case. It's a chicken and egg problem. As the ModMappers can take LFOs for input they're evaluated after the LFOs. The ModMatrix then initialises the LFO with the previous ModMapper value, then jumps to the next after a few samples.

I wonder if I can improve this... the new ModMatrix in Hive might be a bit more clever in that respect.

az82 wrote:Undo bug in Zebra2:

1. Create a new preset. Change a few parameters.
2. Select another preset from the factory bank
3. Click undo (back-arrow) a few times

Expected: The preset should change back to the previous one on first click then on the subsequent clicks the changes should go back in time, step by step.
Actual: The preset does not change on first click, so on subsequent clicks the changes are applied to the current selected one.
How do you select the new preset? Certain ways such as MIDI Program Changes don't work with the undo mechanism.

I just click in the preset browser.

It looks to me as the operation of switching to a different preset is not being pushed/read correctly to/from the undo stack.

Same with Hive and maybe others.

I narrowed this to Ableton Live 9.2.2 (Standard). Does not happen in Logic Pro X 10.2

Hmmm, works here too... do you use 32 bit Live with VST?

Next idea - what revision number does your Zebra say?

3890, AudioUnit, 64bit

Very, very strange. All of a sudden, the undo button started to work. I have closed and opened Ableton several times before that. There must have been something wrong with my instance of Ableton, and now has fixed itself. The only thing I did differently was install a new AU component.

There might have been an old version cached somewhere... we usually cmd-click Live's "refresh cache" function after every install...

Return to “u-he”