Plugins crash in Reaper

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone having issues with Melda plugins V9 AU version in Reaper 5 ?

iMac Late 2013 - Yosemite 10.10.5 -Melda 9.10

pepe44 wrote:Anyone having issues with Melda plugins V9 AU version in Reaper 5 ?

iMac Late 2013 - Yosemite 10.10.5 -Melda 9.10
Tried MpowerSynth and MComb (both v 9.10) in 64-bit Reaper 5.04 on Mavericks, seemed fine for a couple of minutes but then suddenly Reaper crashed while I tried to adjust some parameters for modulator 1 in "Normal" mode set to modulate transformation for osc 1. I could however not repeat this, after restarting Reaper 5 everything ran fine so might as well have been Reaper acting up for all I know. I've seen way more crashes in Reaper (with just about any plugins) after upgrading to v 5.

I only verified crashes in reaper 5 with melda plugins. Thanks for your reply.

I have crashes in Reaper on Win 7 64. Typical scenario when it happens in my case: Load an active preset, add an EQ in the matrix, pop the window try to move first band: crash.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

I'll check, but as far as I know Reaper 5 had some problems initially, mainly the VST3 support. Not sure what's the situation now. Anyway what exactly do you do to crash it?

Boone777: Could you describe in a little more detail how to simulate it?
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

i was using MautodynamicsEQ, Mloudness analyser, Mtransient and MXXX. only 3 tracks of audio and processing gently, CPU was on 6%. Cant remember exactly what process made it crash. Probably while opening a new AU instance to a new track. I didnt mention i was using the free bundle plugins, could it make a difference ?

Ok, then please if it happens again, try remember what you did just before it happened. It's usually related to the last action.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

In my case the last action is a macro. Macro Exemple:
-Paste FX chain slot 09 to track
-open float fx 1
-open float fx 2- (until fx 09 )
-Focus arrange view

The FX chain is usally an Active preset then, add an EQ in the matrix, pop the window try to move first band: crash. Also without poping it crashes.
They are definetely VST3 in my case.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

I've also seen some Melda Plugins crash Reaper during the last weeks, even on Reaper 5.0.4
I'm using the VST3 versions.
It crashes Reaper so hard that the reaper process can't even be killed using the task manager and a reboot is required. No error message, nothing, just a hanging reaper.
Once it crashed while opening an envelope popup in a plugin (don't remember which one). I tried to reproduce it but then it always worked.
Also sometimes the right channel of plugins stops from working. Switching the fx on an off revealed a Melda plugin as suspicious. I've seen this with the stereo processor and the vocoder. Some time after reaper crashes.
Other Melda plugins in the fx same chain work properly at this time!
I've also seen the plugins GUI frozen. Switching back and forth to another plugin helps to make it work again.

I will switch to VST2 and see if it is more stable. I am new to Melda plugins so I can't tell if this is a new phenomen. My other plugins are all VST2.
Win 7 x64 - i7 - 32 GB RAM - SSD / M-Audio Fasttrack C600 / Reaper

Ok please switch to VST2, it's pretty likely it will take time before Reaper's VST3 support becomes stable. Note there is no such thing as "hard crash" - if that happens on your machine, it's the fault of ASIO driver, it's pretty common sadly... many drivers suck, my M-Audio is a good example...

Boone777: I still have hard time understanding you. Could you post a short screen video? Can you try VST2?
Vojtech

Well, I also own a M-Audio interface ;-) Haven't had any issues so far, but I admit, I changed the rate from 48KHz to 96KHz last time. This can of course have an impact on stability on this cheap crap. I will put it back and see what happens.
Win 7 x64 - i7 - 32 GB RAM - SSD / M-Audio Fasttrack C600 / Reaper

I will definetly switch to vst2 and see how it goes. It does'nt always happen but I'll try to record it.

Using Reaper 5 here, no issues with the VST2 versions of Melda stuff. Haven't tried VST3, after reading this thread I don't think I will for awhile.

Edit: on Windows 8.1
Desktop: Win 7 Pro SP1 | i7 960 (4 cores 3.2 GHz) | 16 GB RAM | GTX470 | SSD boot plus 3x HDDs
Laptop: Win 8.1 | i7 4710HQ (4 cores 2.5 GHz)| 16 GB RAM | GTX850m | SSD boot plus one HDD

*Casts Phoenix Down on Thread

I'm trying to use the Melda free effects bundle in Reaper 5.24 32 bit on win7.

If the project is playing and I open the fx to either check the box to turn it on, select the plugin to view it, or add the effect to a track, it will often instantly crash reaper.

I don't remember this ever happening in Ableton Live.

Sometimes I can't even open up my project afterwards. I get something like runtime error 217. I've started to save every time I load plugins, and I have it autosaving backup files every minute and filling up my ol' 250 gb hdd.

I'm using basic Melda VST plugins, (not VST 3); the EQ mostly, because it can be used as a side eq and is easily the best freely available eq I've found. There are a plethora of amazing tools in the "free" fx bundle from the comp, limiter, frequency shifter, loudness analyzer, the list goes on. For example, here's what you can do by just running a drum machine through the Mcomb and MRingModulator, getting a crazy sounding drum loop. :o Careful it's loud! :hyper: http://www99.zippyshare.com/v/lKgLIL6B/file.html (TIL the zippyshare player creates artifacts).

The Melda free effects bundle is easily one of the greatest toolboxes for budget producers. :clap: It's so amazing, I wish I could use it without it crashing my system. :help:
quick, _ake what you want in life

574X wrote:The Melda free effects bundle is easily one of the greatest toolboxes for budget producers. :clap:
It's easily one of the greatest toolboxes, period. I mean, in any price category :). I've been meaning to say this somewhere over here for a long time, and figuring which thread to mention this in. I don't know, I have to comment on it somewhere else, too. But seriously, the Melda lineup is insanely versatile, and the price/performance ratio and the user friendly license key system are the icing on the cake. It's nice that more people are finding out about these gems.

Thanks, I'm a fan :D

[Edit:
574X wrote:*Casts Phoenix Down on Thread
Nice Final Fantasy touch there, haha]

Return to “MeldaProduction”