kunaki image file set up???

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey all,

im considering using kunaki to make some cds. my question is about the image file set up.

for instance...for the tray insert they want a 1772x1385 image. they say they print at 300dpi. the software im using to create the image doesnt have dpi settings and all its images open in photoshop at 72dpi. so what my plan is, is to output the image at 7383x5771 and let them down sample it to 1772x1385.

i set up a photoshop document to be 1772x1385 at 300dpi when i placed my 7383x5771 image into it...it looked right to me...but i dont know.

when adding that large image to my kunaki project...everything looked fine...but im still unsure if the larger file size will help with the print quality.

will doing it that way account for the dpi difference?

this is all kind of confusing to me.

anyone out there have exp. using kunaki and knows how their printing works?

thnx in advance.
ImageImageImage

well, no one responded, but ill post this just in case anyone ever looks at this in the future.

what i ended up doing was exectly what i first stated. i made super extra large images that then were sized correctly for 300dpi

it didnt matter though.

my cd from kunaki is unusable. well...not entirely true...it plays fine...but all the artwork is absolute garbage.

its all waaay too dark and murky looking. blues were printed as browns....its just a complete mess. what they sent me has little to no resemblance to what i sent them as far as colors go.

now i understand that different monitors have different variations of coloring and whatnot...but i checked my art on multiple systems from desktops to phones and both mac and windows, and my images were nearly identical on everything.

since kunaki has zero costumer service there is no way for me to correct the problem, and im just not going to use them.

im not going to use anyone actually, since no one else ive seen even comes close to the service available at the price. everyone else is nearly twice the price with set up fees and or minimum order requirements.

merp derp.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”