Minor REAPER frustration

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First off, I realize that the REAPER forums would be the best place to discuss this-
but I'm apparently going to have to wait 3 more hours before contacting their admin, as my forum registration
confirmation email is not showing up in either my main email or my spam folder.

I tried reading through the REAPER forums to see what insight might be gained, but nothing is there that addresses my issue directly, other than passing references to "this kinda sucks"..

Win 7 x64 btw.

The issue is this: Not all, but a fairly significant amount, of plugin dialog boxes appear directly *under*
the plugin's main window. Some of these, like selection-list boxes, can still be accessed by moving the plugin's window to one side. Others, however, freeze the plugin's main window while it's waiting for input in the sub-dialog; the latest example of this has been MUX. Trying to access it using the taskbar only allows me to potentially close the dialog, not actually use it.

Has anyone else run into this, and found a way to fix it? Sorta maddening.
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

Ctrl+Tab?
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

No, Ctrl+Tab is useless.
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

try show desktop at w7 taskbar... :wink:

I'm on Reaper (4.78 I think) and a Mux:er. There are certainly some frustrations when working with multiple plugin windows but I have yet to encounter a dialog I was unable to access.
Could you give an example? Have you found a situation where this happens every time? I could see if I'm able to reproduce the bug. Perhaps some options differs between our setups.
I think I've set Mux to always open in a new window and to not be pinned when opening so this might be something to look into.

Doing OSC? :)

There were a few versions of Reaper with that bug - but it seems fixed in 5. AFAIR later v4.x had it fixed, too.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”