'A Face in the Dark'

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Halloween is just around that tree. :evil:
https://soundcloud.com/annode-1/annode- ... n-the-dark
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Before i`m off the page[bump]i`d like to mention this was not a project production. It was just off the cuff real time. Was getting some good spooky vibes so I decided to hit the record button in the chainer host. No seqrs used. Just 1 keyboard and a mouse.
Don`t forget to kill your neighbors. :scared:

Some nice transitions on here, and I liked the second rising-portamento section and the third descending sequence. It seems like there are some nice reverbed harmonics floating around, adding to the sense of unease. This sounds like a possible middle-ground between early '70s TD and parts of the Full Metal Jacket soundtrack. I'm running home to mother now.

Good work :)

Thank you for the feedback Tim.
Now that I know I have properly scared someone I can finally rest in peace. :lol:
Listening to it again with fresh ears I can appreciate that not only is it spooky, it is also quite interesting, in a `70s experimental synthesis sort of way. :D

The verb is very spring like. That comes from the instruments mostly. It gives it a sort of modular hardware in a room sound.
The TD you most keenly picked up on is coming from the Binson Echo emulation 'eTap' I was using. It`s freeware, you must have it already? Has 2 Binson patches, one is the timing from some early TD and Pink Floyd (One of These Days).
EDIT - you might also recognize that echoed synth sweep sound from Kraftwerk 'Ralf and Florian'. :party:
early '70s TD and parts of the Full Metal Jacket soundtrack.
Ah! just listened to FMJS to see what you meant by that, and 3 tracks on it relate sonicly to the disturbed. I do disturbed pretty well. :hihi: I`m not Vincent D`Onofrio disturbed. :lol:

Happy to hear your remarks.
Barry.

Wow this track is definitely creepy and mysterious! The animal costume picture for the track kind of adds to the creepiness. The image and sounds kind of give me this haunted carnival vibe..

Good work on this!
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:Wow this track is definitely creepy and mysterious! The animal costume picture for the track kind of adds to the creepiness. The image and sounds kind of give me this haunted carnival vibe..

Good work on this!
Thank you VORT3X.
It must have taken courage to come into my lair and listen to my song. Now that you are here...again...I want you to look into my eyes. Deeply into my eyes. Can you see my home ? I know that you can. I will take you there. I live in the rubbish skip down by the bog...WHAT ARE YOU LAUGHING AT ! Come now, we must go. I am the Bunyip of the bog and there will be young girls there who have slipped and fallen entangled within the rotting undergrowth...I must eat them before they can escape. Come quickly now, hurry !

Definitely a grower....
Some very creepy sounds here.

I

think

I

might

go

and

curl

up

in

a

ball

and

hide....
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

If you hide in a ball, I can`t see you at all
if you hide in a tree, it`s not healthy for me
if you hide in a bush,I can see where your at
i`ll eat you right up,though I might get fat
a succulent meal makes a tasty wombat :clap: :dog:

I`m sorry, did I creep you out? :( :pray:

Hi Allomerus. Thanks for listening. :phones: :)

This is definitely an unsettling piece. This would be a great soundtrack for a zombie video game or something of that nature. Nice work!

davidstiles wrote:This is definitely an unsettling piece. This would be a great soundtrack for a zombie video game or something of that nature. Nice work!
Thanks for checking in to see what the hell i`ve done now. :wink:
Can`t take credit for it being "a piece". 2nd post above gets me out of that one nicely. :hihi: Just a wanking off of a few synths one evening with a preponderance of a Halloween theme in mind. Not work either i`m afraid. :lol:
See you next time I hope david. :hug:

Gonna have a play with that eTAP2 at the weekend :tu:

annode wrote: Ah! just listened to FMJS to see what you meant by that, and 3 tracks on it relate sonicly to the disturbed. I do disturbed pretty well. :hihi: I`m not Vincent D`Onofrio disturbed. :lol:

Happy to hear your remarks.
Barry.
The scene where the marines corner the sniper really creeps me out. The scoring there is nothing short of perfect.

Return to “Music Cafe”