US Public Domain Music Theory and History Books

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by arkmabat on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Herodotus was 'curating' a list of these at one point, I think. Might be worthwhile trying to find that thread?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

arkmabat wrote: https://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Music_%28Bookshelf%29

(Copy and paste, it doesn't want to link correctly)
Ftfy (use %28 %29 as escape chars for the brackets)
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

whyterabbyt wrote:Herodotus was 'curating' a list of these at one point, I think. Might be worthwhile trying to find that thread?
Who else replied to that thread? I can't seem to find it, also thanks for the %28 tip, Bert.

arkmabat wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:Herodotus was 'curating' a list of these at one point, I think. Might be worthwhile trying to find that thread?
Who else replied to that thread? I can't seem to find it, also thanks for the %28 tip, Bert.
erm, you. :lol:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 7#p5890817

whyterabbyt wrote:
arkmabat wrote:

Gimme a break, that was over a year ago. I've gone through a semester of school, three jobs, moved four times (once to another state), messed up/broke off two relationships, realized my cult-religion was false and had to spend countless months retraining my brain, been to a mental health institute for a couple weeks, and discovered playing with my prostate while I masturbate (does that make me bi?). Yes, I forgot one neat thread on KVR while all that happened.
Last edited by arkmabat on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Well, the address is in my sig, so if you followed me as closely as you should, you'd know it from there.

;)

arkmabat wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
arkmabat wrote:

Gimme a break, that was over a year ago. I've gone through a semester of school, three jobs, moved four times (once to another state), messed up/broke off two relationships, realized my cult-religion was false and had to spend countless months retraining my brain, been to a mental health institute for a couple weeks, and discovered playing with my prostate while I masturbate. Yes, I forgot one neat thread on KVR while all that happened.
And all of that obviously also managed to completely prevent you from using KVR's 'search' function, putting 'herodotus' into one box and 'theory' into the other, and looking through the results like a normal person. Kinda tragic, really. :D

Glad I was here. Need me to tie your shoelaces for you and wipe the drool of your chin before I leave? :P

Honestly, I was going full speed with music (even made 60-something-th place out of 80-something on the CM MAG one-synth contest). But I lost speed from there. Got really busy. Karma_tba is correct, I haven't really finished anything since then. Nor have I read much music theory or anything. I lost a lot of traction. All I really wanted to do was to be able to fake my way around the site and get my name in a contest and once I did that and it was above last place, I didn't know where to go from there. I never imagined myself getting as far as I did. It all started with downloading that AngryRedPlanet Temper sequencer and it filled a gap that was lacking in my life. Also, yes, the sociality of having a forum of like-minded pursuers. Honestly, I don't have a clue what I'm still doing here. I don't make music anymore. I don't sketch anymore. I got laid off from work. Running out of money. Don't have faith in anything except maybe loose pantheism. If I were to die, nobody would miss me for long. I wouldn't miss me. Anyway, what's unique about internet forums is that even when you move across states, it's always there still. I know it sounds dumb but even if I got banned, I'd still lurk here. It's a home. Even if you all raped me, this would still be considered a home to me. The outside world is frightening.

arkmabat wrote:Honestly, I was going full speed with music (even made 60-something-th place out of 80-something on the CM MAG one-synth contest). But I lost speed from there. Got really busy. Karma_tba is correct, I haven't really finished anything since then. Nor have I read much music theory or anything. I lost a lot of traction. All I really wanted to do was to be able to fake my way around the site and get my name in a contest and once I did that and it was above last place, I didn't know where to go from there. I never imagined myself getting as far as I did. It all started with downloading that AngryRedPlanet Temper sequencer and it filled a gap that was lacking in my life. Also, yes, the sociality of having a forum of like-minded pursuers. Honestly, I don't have a clue what I'm still doing here. I don't make music anymore. I don't sketch anymore. I got laid off from work. Running out of money. Don't have faith in anything except maybe loose pantheism. If I were to die, nobody would miss me for long. I wouldn't miss me. Anyway, what's unique about internet forums is that even when you move across states, it's always there still. I know it sounds dumb but even if I got banned, I'd still lurk here. It's a home. Even if you all raped me, this would still be considered a home to me. The outside world is frightening.
erm.

okaaay. im just going to back away slowly now, m'kay.

:scared:

Well, it's the truth. What's funny is that people bought it. It was all an act. For years. People took my advice and everything, too. Laughable. Don't trust anyone on the internet. They might just be another wannabe who makes one song for every 1000 posts he makes haha. It just doesn't get much sadder than that. Welcome to my world.

arkmabat wrote:Well, it's the truth. What's funny is that people bought it. It was all an act... Welcome to my world.
It is always an act...we get to define ourselves in a way. We can't claim to be a musician if we don't make music however. I used to make tomb stones. I was a tomb stone maker. I haven't made one in a while. So I can't claim to be a tomb stone maker now.

Still, to complicate things a bit, as the Dane claimed, contra modern existentialists,

" In relating itself to itself, and in willing to be itself, the self rests transparently in the power that established it."

So, I guess my admittedly difficult advice is "to rest transparently."
바보

bftucker wrote:
arkmabat wrote:Well, it's the truth. What's funny is that people bought it. It was all an act... Welcome to my world.
It is always an act...we get to define ourselves in a way. We can't claim to be a musician if we don't make music however. I used to make tomb stones. I was a tomb stone maker. I haven't made one in a while. So I can't claim to be a tomb stone maker now.

Still, to complicate things a bit, as the Dane claimed, contra modern existentialists,

" In relating itself to itself, and in willing to be itself, the self rests transparently in the power that established it."

So, I guess my admittedly difficult advice is "to rest transparently."
Honestly, I knew you were talking about Kierkegaard even before I googled the quote. I only googled it out of fear of encroaching senility.

"I am a sick man, I am a spiteful man, I am a....senile man????""

:shrug:

herodotus wrote:
bftucker wrote:
I used to make tomb stones. I was a tomb stone maker. I haven't made one in a while. So I can't claim to be a tomb stone maker.
Honestly, I knew you were talking about Kierkegaard even before I googled the quote. I only googled it out of fear of encroaching senility.

"I am a sick man, I am a spiteful man, I am a....senile man????""

I used to be a philosopher too.

바보

I wish I were from the UK, had a non-religious background, and actually made music. I don't though. And in all fairness, I never once claimed to be a musician. I just wanted to be one at one point and entered the ranks, with a new name and everything. Like the guilds in Dune. But yes, I'm no musician. I used to be.

Return to “Music Theory”