Cabbagenic

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Three pieces using Iain McCurdy's Csound-based instruments and effects, by way of VST plugins created with Rory Walsh's Cabbage. Sequenced and rendered with Bitwig 1.2 for Linux.

https://soundcloud.com/davephillips69/cabbagenic

Bon apetit, and as always, I welcome comments from the KVR crowd.

Best,

dp

As I said 'elsewhere' a couple of dudes humming along to a load of old bells. :D
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Interesting pieces. CSound sounds very clean and high quality. Overall, for what it is (electro-acoustic music), it's pretty good. I listen a lot to this kind of music and while I like it, I often find that a lot of it sounds similar....

It's always cool to each music made in Linux!

Interesting what you can come up with that set up. Thanks for sharing...
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

folderol wrote:As I said 'elsewhere' a couple of dudes humming along to a load of old bells. :D
Somehow Will managed to sleep through the first two sections... ;)

I particularly enjoyed the tortured quality of the electric guitar-like sound in the second section. It was like having teeth pulled, but in a good way. All three pieces feature some very convincingly natural sounds.

Good work :)

Hi Dave,

There are some interesting sounds going on in this piece of three parts. I have no idea what csound is but I am guessing it is software for creating sound creation tools.

I particularly enjoyed the third section :)

seismic1 wrote:I particularly enjoyed the tortured quality of the electric guitar-like sound in the second section. It was like having teeth pulled, but in a good way. All three pieces feature some very convincingly natural sounds.

Good work :)
Thanks a lot, seismic, and I'm glad you liked that 2nd section, it's my favorite of the three. It reveals the inner me. :)

Best,

dp

4ndy wrote:Hi Dave,

There are some interesting sounds going on in this piece of three parts. I have no idea what csound is but I am guessing it is software for creating sound creation tools.

I particularly enjoyed the third section :)
Thanks for listening, 4ndy !

Wikipedia on Csound:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Csound

Cabbage is a kind of front-end for Csound, but it's much more than that too. It provides a mechanism for converting Csound instruments to VST and/or LV2 plugins, and its current codebase includes a very cool standalone production environment (CabbageStudio).

Best,

dp

Return to “Music Cafe”