Komplete Kontrol Series Ad, what happened to Komplete 11 (or the next version of 10)?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just got an add from NI saying"Komplete Kontrol is evolving rapidly, with major software update and new 88 key hardware coming very soon" .

Major software update = Komplete 11? I hope those of us with a keyboard controller we're happy with don't have to invest into Komplete Kontrol just to get the next release of Komplete. Especially if it now includes Kontakt 6/Guitar Rig 6.

:dog:

cj58

cooljazz58 wrote:I just got an add from NI saying"Komplete Kontrol is evolving rapidly, with major software update and new 88 key hardware coming very soon" .

Major software update = Komplete 11?
= Komplete Kontrol 1.5

cooljazz58 wrote:I just got an add from NI saying"Komplete Kontrol is evolving rapidly, with major software update and new 88 key hardware coming very soon" .

Major software update = Komplete 11? I hope those of us with a keyboard controller we're happy with don't have to invest into Komplete Kontrol just to get the next release of Komplete. Especially if it now includes Kontakt 6/Guitar Rig 6.

:dog:

cj58
It's all about da 88 and NKS.
Both are things I've been waiting on.

cooljazz58 wrote:Major software update = Komplete 11?
As others mentioned, the "major update" is just about their expanded Komplete Kontrol support.

I don't think Komplete 11's going to hit until early Spring 2016.

Hugely disappointing release this. I've been moaning since pretty much day 1 that Kontrol software is pretty much not fit for purpose -

1. You can't see what plugin / library a preset belongs to

2. Because of (1) you can't sort results by plugin or manually choose them that way

3. Because of (2) you have to wait about 10s between each preset as each changes the library / plugin, even with SSDs

4. You can only search 1 library, or them all - a very blunt instrument.

5. You can't resize the gui. With the libraries showing, you have about 2 results of space visible.

Unless they didn't bother mentioning any of that in the blurb, looks like there's another update out without a single one these issues being addressed. I just don't understand it - NI's programmers are outstanding, why are they not embarrassed about this medieval bit of software? Its desperately clunky.

I also dislike the keyboards with those hideous wheel replacements. Irritated that the new 88 key model is weighted - the lack of quality 88 key semi-weighted options is desperate.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I was hesitating between Komplete Kontrol keyboard and Akai Advance 49. I chose the Advance and I'm pretty pleased. Very versatile and compatible with a lot more plugins. Native Instruments is late to the party and the number of developers listed so far is very limited.

I don't know how you can say they are late when Komplete Kontrol came out first and they pioneered this sort of tech with Kore many years ago, pretty much everyone else is copying them. The only problem is they allowed other companies to steal a lead when they abandoned Kore, but even so they have been working towards this development in Kontrol since the start, they just prefer to go at their own pace rather than pay much attention to what others are doing. So if they are playing catch up with anyone it's themselves, Kontrol is still primitive compared to what Kore 2 could (and still can) do.

Don't get me wrong, I love Native Instruments. I have Maschine Mikro, Komplete Ultimate 10, etc.

It's just that this time, Akai Advance is more versatile. It doesn't means that NI can't catch up, but Akai already have many features that Komplete Kontrol is still lacking at V1.5.

Ryan99 wrote:Don't get me wrong, I love Native Instruments. I have Maschine Mikro, Komplete Ultimate 10, etc.

It's just that this time, Akai Advance is more versatile. It doesn't means that NI can't catch up, but Akai already have many features that Komplete Kontrol is still lacking at V1.5.
Yeah like button on the hardware. Although NI had that in Kore first as well. I am still flabbergasted that these new NI instruments have no buttons on the hardware and they think that just 8 knobs are good enough. Actually even more surprising is that not only do they give you only 8 knobs and no buttons, but the method for changing pages is single press page over buttons! Ok if you're going to make getting to different pages as tedious as pressing a button many times then at least give a large amount of control of a dingle page, like novation SLs. But if not then at least give a way to instantly get to any page, like Nektar's page selector menu or something. Of course they don't have the screen for that kind of list. But if they at the very least has buttons, those could double as a way to jump to sets of 8 pages. Stupidest design ever.

While akai advance seems more advanced right now I am going to bet than in 4 years their software will be unsuported and NI would have released an update of the hardware, and many developers will go for the NKS standard.

I would be interested in the controller if it had more controls, no hurry for me so I will wait whatever it takes to deliver something better.
dedication to flying

Whenever I read about new NI hardware,I remember what they did with KORE :(

So I'm not buying into the "Future of Sound" with any more NI hardware....

Their software is fine,but the KORE debacle pissed off a lot of people...

I've also never bought anything Tascam since they shelved Gigastudio just after we all upgraded to v4...

Some things just stay etched in the memory bank - never to be erased...

You can fool me once..... :wink:
No auto tune...

rod_zero wrote:While akai advance seems more advanced right now I am going to bet than in 4 years their software will be unsuported and NI would have released an update of the hardware, and many developers will go for the NKS standard.
I'm almost tempted to take you up on that bet :)

Big Tick wrote:
rod_zero wrote:While akai advance seems more advanced right now I am going to bet than in 4 years their software will be unsuported and NI would have released an update of the hardware, and many developers will go for the NKS standard.
I'm almost tempted to take you up on that bet :)
Lets be fair here, NI didn't abandon Kore users for a whole 5 years.
Zen only lasted 3 years right ?
VST hoster/wrappers/presetters or whatever they are tobe called don't seem to have a huge life expectancy on past experience, so these sorts of comments have to be expected.
Duh

Zen was taken by Akai and reincarnated into VIP, so it is still alive in a way.

Yeah, while you may think that is encouraging it isn't, shall i list all the Akai crap i have here in the studio that no longer works with latest OS or such haha

Don't get me wrong, YOU personally have credibility (the longevity of Rhino is testament to this) Akai do not (note here that NI dont either)
Duh

Return to “Instruments”