Cubase AI 8 and Groove Agent SE

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently bought a Steinberg UR12 USB audio interface. Groove Agent SE gets installed and update alongside Cubase AI 8, but I can't see the instrument in Cubase AI 8. The documentation says it is included. So I contacted Steinberg, and they told me that the instrument is not included with Cubase AI 8. Why would a company not fix this error and keep misleading its customers?

Here's a screenshot from the documentation:

Has anybody else gotten the cold shoulder by the support department of a huge company like Steinberg?
:: ivanolo ::

It is included. The update page for Cubase 8 AI actually has update downloads fro HalionSonic:

http://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id=d ... e_ai_8&L=1

And yes, could shoulders from companies big and small are a common occurrence, alas.

erikgyle wrote:It is included. The update page for Cubase 8 AI actually has update downloads fro HalionSonic
HalionSonic is not the same as Groove Agent.

Groove Agent SE is not included in AI but it is installed. AI is part of the LE/AI/Elements 'family' which is installed in its entirety when you install any one of these products. The features you actually get depend on the license - if you have any thing less than Elements the only instrument you get is HalionSonic SE even though Groove Agent and Prologue are also installed.

I noticed the error in the documentation myself, it is misleading. Given that AI is supposed to be a product that entices people into upgrading you would think Steinberg would pay a bit more attention.

Thanks, KingClarkie. If only Steinberg could've offered an explanation like yours...

It boggles the mind why the documentation hasn't been corrected to clear up any confusion.

I'll have to go back and uninstall Groove Agent SE and Acoustic Agent, since they take up quite a bit of space.
:: ivanolo ::

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”