Will Omnisphere run on Core 2 Duo processor and Vista OS?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Will Omnisphere run on Core 2 Duo processor and Vista OS? Thanks.

I didn't see anything about the CPU requirements, except it has to be a speed of 2.4 GHz or higher.

Also, these other requirements are on their website:

• VST 2.4 or higher, RTAS/AAX capable host software
• Microsoft Windows 7/Vista compatible
• Native 64-bit and 32-bit on Windows

As long as the processor is at least 2.4 gHz.

Of course, the faster your processor.. the better.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Be careful, the new modulator system (per-voice modulation for all LFOs and Envelopes) and revamps to the Granular engine in Omnisphere 2 will bring that CPU to its knees in 2-3 voices. It's also memory hungry, some of the new sample-based sounds use hundreds of gigabytes for sample memory.
Feel free to call me Brian.

You meant megabytes, I suspect. :)

EvilDragon wrote:You meant megabytes, I suspect. :)
Sorry, yes. I did mean megabytes. :) However there are some sounds that use over a gigabyte of sample memory. One example is Imperial March Movement, it has 1442 MB of sampled content.

bmrzycki wrote:Be careful, the new modulator system (per-voice modulation for all LFOs and Envelopes) and revamps to the Granular engine in Omnisphere 2 will bring that CPU to its knees in 2-3 voices. It's also memory hungry, some of the new sample-based sounds use hundreds of gigabytes for sample memory.
Hundreds of MB? Yes, some do for sure.

Hundreds of GB? Um, nope... that's extreme.. even for us! :)

jamesbernard wrote:
bmrzycki wrote:Be careful, the new modulator system (per-voice modulation for all LFOs and Envelopes) and revamps to the Granular engine in Omnisphere 2 will bring that CPU to its knees in 2-3 voices. It's also memory hungry, some of the new sample-based sounds use hundreds of gigabytes for sample memory.
Hundreds of MB? Yes, some do for sure.

Hundreds of GB? Um, nope... that's extreme.. even for us! :)
Sorry for the typo. :)

And I just want to say Omnisphere sounds amazing, it's well worth the CPU And memory hit on the big sounds. For the sounds that are pure DSP the memory footprint is comparable to other contemporary synthesizers on the market.

Thank you.

Return to “Instruments”