UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

In their Newsletter:
Sample. Stretch. Slice. Layer. Synthesize. Modulate. Granularize. Model. Edit. Effect. Generate. Perform. From UVI, a new instrument is coming...

15 oscillators types.
Over 80 built-in effects.
A powerful and extensive modulation architecture.
Scriptable event processors.
10.2 channel surround capable.
Unlimited keygroups.
Performance optimized.
Infinitely customizable.
Take flight 10.28.2015
Unofficial Falcon Forum (not powered by UVI).

FAQ-thread here.

Falcon videos here.
Last edited by Sampleconstruct on Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:55 am, edited 52 times in total.

Optimized and scriptable? Somewhat contradictory.

Still, sounds tempting. Could be the one plugin we are waiting for.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Finally. The Mother of all Plugins.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

DJ Warmonger wrote:Optimized and scriptable? Somewhat contradictory.
Why? Unless the event system is running at audio rate, which seems unlikely, it's not going to have much impact on the audio generation other than providing modulation signals to the different generators.

Having a Kontakt/Mach5-like scripting engine in a synth sounds like it could be very effective, particularly with the new generation of MIDI/OSC controllers.

Could well be Machfive 4, maybe under a new name...
I hope for a special upgrade pricing then

Looks exactly like Machfive description (made by UVI), with new features, more oscillators & effects
Also, Machfive Biosphere has just disappeared from their store...

MattMusic wrote:Could well be Machfive 4, maybe under a new name...
I hope for a special upgrade pricing then
If it is it may have to go under a different name as MachFive, I think, is a MotU trademark. Maybe that deal has come to an end, or UVI is simply forking development and doing what is effectively a souped-up version of UVI Workstation.

I thought the Mach 5 name was trademarked to Gillette.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Named Mach Five or named something else, it has to be a continuation of Mach Five, since it's coming from the same developers. But it may very well be still published under MOTU brand still, since the association lasts for so long.
Fernando (FMR)

Could be a new updated version of the Toy Museum :hyper:

Aloysius wrote:I thought the Mach 5 name was trademarked to Gillette.
"The best synth a man can get."

:lol:

Well, that is exciting. I vote for an Alchemy killer named Kallisti.
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

Does anyone know the actual business relationship between MOTU and UVI? Over the years I've seen some employees who seemed to represent both of those companies at different times. Are they sister companies, or do they just have a close working/licensing relationship? Not that it matters; I've just always been curious.

Can't wait for this.

i bet its probably Workstation Pro and replaces MachFive , MachFive 3 was not updated since 2 years now , newer UVI Librarys was not compatible with MachFive anymore .

i would rather like to know if there will be an upgrade price from MachFive 3 to "UVI Workstation Pro"

You shall know in 2 days from now.

Return to “Instruments”