roland touch tb 303 emulation vs audiorealism etc?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm doing a lot of EDM again and would find a lot of use for a good 303.

I sold phoscyon a while back cause after a few years i still never got comfortable using it to program anything.

The abl2 is so easy to use but the sound isn't *quite* there IMO.

ABL3 is much better but I am no longer holding my breath for the AU of that.

Anyone using the tb-3?

video demos i have watched so far do sound very convincing IMO and there are tons of bass presets to get one started too. It's also cheap as.

However unless i am misunderstanding, one can't save their patch/performance and this is a total buzz kill for me as I'd like to be able to recall a project in logic then be able to have the TB-3 recall the patch and sequence i used.

So anyone using it if they could explain these limitations a bit clearer as I am not quite getting it.

hi just thought i would try once more then i will let the topic go. No one here uses a TB3 touch?

wellp, if you only need "good 303" without the accent - the TB-3 is fine
but in any case, even tho it's digital on the inside, it's not intended to be used as a plugin in your DAW afaik
and it doesn't have all the controls on it to be able to tweak it equivalently to a 303..
It doesn't matter how it sounds..
..as long as it has BASS and it's LOUD!

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

antto wrote:wellp, if you only need "good 303" without the accent - the TB-3 is fine
but in any case, even tho it's digital on the inside, it's not intended to be used as a plugin in your DAW afaik
and it doesn't have all the controls on it to be able to tweak it equivalently to a 303..

no no i don't mean as a plugin or anything like that.. I am happy now with hardware that doesn't have plug in editors but i have heard there is no way at all to save a patch and sequence even on the device, so i can load it back up manually when i need to, and this is what I am trying to find out. I am already impressed by the sound from all the audio and video demos, for me it's perfect, but no onboard save will kill me.

eh, you can surely save the patterns on it, it has them in on-board memory
for details you could also check its manual
It doesn't matter how it sounds..
..as long as it has BASS and it's LOUD!

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

TheoM wrote:I'm doing a lot of EDM again and would find a lot of use for a good 303.

I sold phoscyon a while back cause after a few years i still never got comfortable using it to program anything.
It's a much different beast, but some really fun and interesting acidic sounds can come out of it. I often use a ABL bass, ABL lead, and then a complementary Phoscyon acid sound in most of my works thus far.
ABL3 is much better but I am no longer holding my breath for the AU of that.
Did your u see the call for beta testers on their Facebook page? I have no idea what the actual release date will be, but the fact that beta testing is happening should be encouraging, right?

I own a real TB 303 the TB3 and ABL2.
The TB3 sounds more like an original 303 than ABL2.
Also if you forget about the TB3 as a Tb 303 emulation the other sounds can be useful too for techno/acid.

Nothing sounds like the real thing though as demonstrated in this pure TB 303 track.

https://soundcloud.com/generationacid/t ... ix-contest

I still can't believe the retarded prices people pay for a hardware TB-303.
:borg:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”