[ninjam] Some days beautiful things happen: there is still light, despite the shadows

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Saturday. 14 November 2015. Live/ninjam recording.

20151114-0951-edit02-pljones-hooduldul-theo_h

Thanks to hooduldul (piano) and theo_h (?MIDI? guitar). My drums here were NI Abbey Road 70s Drummer Open Full, I think. (I also used ns_kit7 during the same session but this sounds more like the NI kit.)

As ever, tracks tidied up in Audacity (noise reduction, low/high-pass filters, levels and a little compression), mixed in Reaper (with some MuTools' MuX Small Room Reverb on my drums and hooduldul's piano), mastered in Audacity and MP3 encoded by LAME.

This is nice piece of late-night jamming. It's got a very laid-back vibe throughout. I really liked the sound of the piano. I didn't really miss a bass on here - the piano seemed to carry this one along.

Good work :)

Thanks for listening!

I would have liked a bass in places during the session - but yes, here, the quite big drum sound and the fullness of the piano maintain the overall richness despite that. There's a couple of other edits from the session that are nearly as good over on my jam site.

Return to “Music Cafe”