1176 comp

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there any affordable 1176 compressor emulation available somewhere?

I heard UAD offered their 1176LM and LA2A for only...$25 ! on last years Black Friday/Cyber Monday. But that was then...

Waves currently doing the duo for $79 I believe.

Coxy wrote:Waves currently doing the duo for $79 I believe.
Ahh !
Thanks for the tip ! :tu:

Hornet multicomp plus gets my attention. I'll be watching for antoher one of those sale next friday:

http://www.kvraudio.com/news/hornet-40- ... sale-31636
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

I'l check HorNet.

Yea, it's next weekend we are all waiting for ! :-)

Stillwell's The Rocket.

That's a great price for the UADs, if you have a UAD card or interface that can handle them.

ik black often goes for ridiculous prices.

Softube FET is hard to find at a killer price but they do do 50% compressor sales if you are willing to wait. And it's the best native 1176. (IMO).

Uad ones are awesome

I'm absolutely willing to wait.
I've never heard of this one from softtube.
Thanks a lot for mentioning it !

I love the Softube FET! But it's pricey. You can find it bundled with some other things from them at times, and sometimes those bundles go on sale.

A lot of people found the Softube 1176 emulation to be the best me included. But Hornet seems be on par according to this:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 3#p5997293
I think it's worth cheking on that.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

The softube has the unique (infinitely variable between 0 and 1ms) look ahead which can absolutely smash transients and totally remove clicks from bass and stuff if you need that sort of functionality. I notice the hornet doesn't have look ahead and goes up to 20:1 in FET mode, so no "all in".. so the softube is still the pick for me even without hearing the hornet. I also like that the softube has the snap to ratios of the fet hardware but is also completely variable in ratio.

The softube has some very unique features overall as well as a very tasty character - for me it's the one cause it's so versatile. UAD is awesome but a direct hardware emulation, no S/C, no look ahead, no parallel, etc, same with IK (IK is my second favourite).
Last edited by ObsoleteAcc99 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

I think the Slate Digital version in VMR is quite good, but it's missing the all buttons mode, which is a drag. I personally liked it more than the Softube version, even though the latter had way more features. It's up there with the Universal Audio Mark 2 versions.

The IK version is pretty good, but not quite as colorful as the Slate and Universal Audio versions.

slate was very very good also, i forgot about that one as I decided agsint subscribing (because of gobbler wanting to call home every hour).
I might buy it some day outright.

there are plenty to try,

there's another in dcam dynamics too with parallel and all mode as well as oversampling. It sounds different to the others and quite interesting.

Softube is modelling a hardware emu of the 1176 afaik, but it is bang on to that hardware (with all the blind and a/b tests i researched it was indistinguishable) so it could be one doesn't like that particular hardware flavour.

To be fair though, every single hardware unit modelled will sound different.. i feel softube really nailed the hardware they modelled.

I use it for ALL my edm sidechaining, for all my crushing, and basically for at least 1/3rd of my bread and butter track comp duties because i find it ever so versatile. The only other native comp i currently use is the glue on master, the rest are all uad on channels.

UAD does the best ITB 1176....period.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Return to “Effects”