Basic spelling error in a $300 plug-in?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know this is really anal before I even start, but.. I've been using the Izotope Nectar 2 demo with a view to buy, and noticed this really basic spelling error earlier.

Is this acceptable in a $300 plug-in, or am I splitting hairs here?

I mean, how could this be missed if extensive testing was done, and I spotted it almost at first glance?

Meh.

That would bug me too.

However you've clearly never read a Roland manual :lol:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

You're absolutely right, but you've piqued my interest now.

I guess their Q&A team let that slip past them.

Why not just send them a email and tell them how disappointed you are. Maybe they'll fix it in a update. :lol:
:borg:

What the hell do you expect from a company that can't spell "Breaktwerker" correctly? :shrug:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

V0RT3X wrote:I guess their Q&A team let that slip past them.

Why not just send them a email and tell them how disappointed you are. Maybe they'll fix it in a update. :lol:
I'll suffocate them with my stifled British sense of injustice and dissatisfaction, and then very quietly demand a refund on the way out.

cryophonik wrote:What the hell do you expect from a company that can't spell "Breaktwerker" correctly? :shrug:
Is it really that bad a plug-in?

Mushy Mushy wrote:That would bug me too.

However you've clearly never read a Roland manual :lol:
Or an Akai one..!
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

mild_peril wrote:I'll suffocate them with my stifled British sense of injustice and dissatisfaction...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

mild_peril wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:I guess their Q&A team let that slip past them.

I'll suffocate them with my stifled British sense of injustice and dissatisfaction, and then very quietly demand a refund on the way out.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:party:

I once spotted a similar basic mistake on a NI compressor... GR meter, la2a

Maybe Izotope did that on purpose to make their non-English users feel more at home.

Perhaps it is a well planned mistake that was developed through careful thought and consideration, for those who can't all live up to the high standards of the English language.

They probably had a big board meeting and all sat around and discussed the possibility of putting intentional mistakes in. It's a perfect way to indirectly put in little messages about their take on the world.

Maybe It was their way of saying "It's ok, we aren't perfect either" and this lets them still maintain a bit of humility.

Or maybe it's a way of appealing to the masses of uneducated people who pirate their software. Soon they will want to take it to the next level and add "LoL, Pwned, lmao, gg, etc" to their preset information so all the EDM wobble kids will want their software.

Or possibly they are paying homage to the other companies that have been mentioned here.

Who knows? Maybe it was just a typo though..
:borg:

spelling errors are only crucial in the magic business.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

3ee wrote:I once spotted a similar basic mistake on a NI compressor... GR meter, la2a

It's a bit late here, so my brain's a bit fuzzy, but do you mean the numerical markings on the Input/Output knobs?

This reminds me of an Image-Line video for a plug in where the narrator talks about "sing mode" when what is meant is "oscillator sync".
It was a giveaway that the narrator doesn't actually know anything about synthesis.
Download & play soothing music: https://soundcloud.com/wait_codec

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”